When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help. Gen t19 doesn't fit to cartel 5513

nickee

Other than MBWs, most rep cases are not manufactured to the same dimensions as gen cases & rep crystals tend to be made of lighter gauge (thinner walled) material. The inside dimension of gen xtals, because of their thicker sidewalls, is usually too small to fit over the flange opening on rep cases. Your options are to either use 1 of the better aftermarket xtals (search ebay for Clarks), grind down the outer perimeter of the flange opening or grind down the inner circumference of the crystal. Keep in mind, too, that the crystal needs to fit snugly over the flange to help (along with a crystal ring) maintain a watertight seal.

Plastic spring? Can you post a pic?

The cartel 5513 and 1680 cases I've seen have a thin nylon gasket that goes between the crystal and the retaining ring. If you leave it out the ring is too loose, but if you try to use it the ring won't fit. Also it slides off/up when you try to install the retaining ring and is just generally a huge pain in the ass.

That sounds like the Puretime version.  The one from Andrew or Josh have gen construction with a metal retaining ring and flat metal spring.  Unless something has changed since these were the rage in 5512/5513 builds.

Mine is from Josh.

I need to find that retaining metal spring.... :( but where?

Inviato dal mio XT910 con Tapatalk 2

I have had both puretime and trusty 1680s and both had the retainer plastic ring that gets thrown away first  ! trustys 1680 which became my snowflake sub had to have the inner clark t19 trimmed slighly to fit, puretimes 1680 which became my 5513 had a custom dome crystal made both had metal retainer rings machined up !

That sounds like the Puretime version.  The one from Andrew or Josh have gen construction with a metal retaining ring and flat metal spring.  Unless something has changed since these were the rage in 5512/5513 builds.

Edited by aeromatic

puretimes 1680 became my 5513 project i had no problem fitting a 26mm dial ,trustys 1680 i used for my snowflake would not fit so we had to make a thin stainless steel ring  to accept a 26mm dial as the case opening was also  26mm this was fitted between the rehaunt and dial

post-27094-0-37348400-1364855600_thumb.j

and what about the dials? may josh cases fits ingod or yuki dial ?

Edited by aeromatic