When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3714 Portuguese Chronograph Caseback Project

elected

Hi Guys, I was wondering if there would be any demand in getting a set of casebacks custom made for the 3714 portuguese chronograph model, and engrave them with individual serial numbers as what Jakob has done for Panerai models

The 3714, I have noted, is immensely popular and is available as a pretty good rep, that is with most of its flaws fixed by getting genuine parts - such as the movement, dial & handset, crown, tachy bezel. While there are options to AR the crystal, and fix the caseback with a brushed look, there seems to be no method in sourcing genuine cases or casebacks (even through concepta or hacra).

However, the case, I have noticed, is very accurate and only needs to be modded if transplanting a genuine movement. The caseback however, is quite a different story, and remains etched with the same dead giveaway serial number which is an IMMEDIATE tell.

The best I can think of is to order a set of custom-made casebacks and get them engraved with individual serial numbers, and I am wondering what the demand will be like should I start with such a project. Any thoughts?

Cheers! 

100 has a pretty good example of how such a project - with an ardoise dial and sapphire crystal caseback - turned out..

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/135714-3714-82/

really pretty watch, although I'm not too convinced that that's the road I wanna take.. considering how many watches running on 7750 movements + with crystal casebacks that are already in my collection..

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...