When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Am I a scammer?

Hi,

so here my story…

I sold a watch 4 months ago, that now broke with the new owner. Now the buyer wants a +/- full refund. He says that he never wore, as it is a summer watch.

I offered to fix it for him for free, if I could, but he chose to ask a watch smith, that then diagnosed a main spring issue…

I offered to buy it back for spares at 30% of the selling price (100USD), which I think is fair… I am not a dealer, so a guarantee or such I cannot give of course… and it is four months with him.

He paid via PP gift and has now threatened to “report me” to VISA…

Am I a scammer?

Dutchy

To be honest, every watch I ever brought second hand had a problem of some sort of another when it arrived , hey it's a replica made in china after all with low quality qc checking. This guy needs to man up, if he wants champange service on a beer budget, he's dreaming. Things happen, that's life. Everything can be fixed. IMHO <br /><br /><br />Sent from SUNRAY MINOR

Dutchy your not a scammer this is a ridiculous request.

Could you share the name of the guy who your watch so we know to whom we shouldn't sell a watch.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yah.....everyone is scammer nowadays........if you don't refund the buyer or give them a discount or just freakin give it away! tHESE folks should be banned from here! :protest:  :nospam:  :dots:  :please:  :ban:

and what the hell is going on with Tapatalk??????? :cc_hang:

Not a scammer at all.

Tell the buyer he's refused perfectly good, and extremely generous offers of recompense, and so that's it. Offers withdrawn and he can go and play leapfrog on the freeway.

Report what to VISA? "hello, I bought an illegal replica watch which broke 4 months after I got it and I want you to get my money back for me"?

They're going to fall of their chairs laughing!

Richard

Hi,

so here my story…

I sold a watch 4 months ago, that now broke with the new owner. Now the buyer wants a +/- full refund. He says that he never wore, as it is a summer watch.

I offered to fix it for him for free, if I could, but he chose to ask a watch smith, that then diagnosed a main spring issue…

I offered to buy it back for spares at 30% of the selling price (100USD), which I think is fair… I am not a dealer, so a guarantee or such I cannot give of course… and it is four months with him.

He paid via PP gift and has now threatened to “report me” to VISA…

Am I a scammer?

Dutchy

At the end of the day, Dutchys been here for 6 odd years and has nearly 1000 posts, I think I know whom I would trust, the other guys just a [censored].

Sent from SUNRAY MINOR

I've known you for nearly 4 years Dutchy, traded with you, laughed with you! Never once in all that time have I ever thought anything but respect for who you are!!

Scammers are people who hide from what you've posted!!

Sixx   :bones:

Bought a watch had three days still did not size so could not wear. Checked when came in wind up runs ok, well now three days later I go to paly around with again pull out stem out it comes! Contact seller NO I pulled out stem he didn't could have been an issue before who knows. I own it now my problem this guy needs to man up.

Dutch don't worry about it, guy is an a**.