When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What happened to manners?

fraggle42

Rep Geek sales.

Selling to CONUS, fine, thinks me, I'll send a PM just testing the water, I ask if they're willing to sell to the UK.

If it was me that received a PM like that and I only wanted to sell CONUS, fine, no problem, I'd reply back saying "Sorry, selling CONUS only.".

I wouldn't ignore it. And ignore a post in the FS thread.

Bloody kids.

If it was me that received a PM like that and I only wanted to sell CONUS, fine, no problem, I'd reply back saying "Sorry, selling CONUS only.".

I wouldn't ignore it. And ignore a post in the FS thread.

Well I'll be honest--I ignore more than a few PMs. I get quite a lot of them. Does it really hurt your feelings that much?

• Like 1

I always do my best to be polite.

I also understand that on forums these days, being ill-mannered is a matter of self-convenience, something which I do not agree with myself.

It takes about 5-10sec to send a short thank you reply, and this reply would make someone's life more pleasant in a very little way. Why not? :)

I try to reply to PM's ,trouble is I don't visit every forum every day, so I might have a PM in my inbox on Repgeek or WUS for a week or two. Not because I don't want to answer, just don't see the message. One thing I've learned in all these years, you never know who your next customer will be. The guy you ignore, may be just the fellow that would buy your sales watch, or has a part you need. I learned a few of life's lessons the hard way, and one of those I learned was don't burn your bridges.

AFA replying to posts, If I have a sales thread up, I will do my best to answer every inquiry, even the low ballers, who just get a simple , "not interested in your offer'. In the case above, the seller said  CONUS only, but suppose that watch languishes on the forum for several weeks and several price drops, maybe the idea of selling outside the CONUS is not such a bad idea.If you replied the first time, possibly a return PM later asking if the guy was still interested, Might generate a sale after all. 

• Like 1

I have tapatalk notifications and push email notifications and stare at my phone.. All day.<br />Some who know have displayed shock at the speed i reply.<br />Yes, i'm a 8 yr old with my dad's iphone and other than Justin Beaver, i've got no other life. Just me and my rep Mickey mouse watch

I always do my best to be polite.

I also understand that on forums these days, being ill-mannered is a matter of self-convenience, something which I do not agree with myself.

It takes about 5-10sec to send a short thank you reply, and this reply would make someone's life more pleasant in a very little way. Why not? :)

Nothing surprises me these days with people on forums or in day to day dealing with Real people, however I have to say I agree with Legend on this   ;)  Life can be such an uphill struggle for some and even if my polite reply makes their day just a little better than it was for me it's worth bothering about.

But I am 'old school' and as such still try to treat emails/texts as if actual chat, most people these days don't   :inverted: One member that has made me smile lately was over on RwI, I wanted to buy a Gen piece he was selling but he had a guy before me so I had to wait, unfortunately for me the deal went through so no watch for me but the seller made the effort to let me know that day and then searched/kept an eye out for me for another one the same and emailed me to let me know where it was too, do I appreciate the effort he has made? Of course I bloody do and when he has another piece for sale I'm confident to buy from him too  :)       

• Like 3

I really don't think it's a discernable trend. With tens of thousands of members from all walks of life and from all around the world you'll inevitably run into the occasional oddball. So far I've had nothing but positive experiences across the four fora

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I'm glad to see a lot of people who'd take a few seconds to reply.

Takes hardly any time and makes the world a tiny bit of a better place to live in.

And yes, I know the seller said CONUS, which is why I was very polite and asked if he would consider selling to the UK.

Hey ho, takes all types :)

Richard

• Like 1

I'm glad to see a lot of people who'd take a few seconds to reply.

Takes hardly any time and makes the world a tiny bit of a better place to live in.

And yes, I know the seller said CONUS, which is why I was very polite and asked if he would consider selling to the UK.

Hey ho, takes all types :)

Richard

I agree mate.

• Like 1

The question is: If the seller says CONUS, why you have to ask if he send the watch in UK?

Not want to sound rude but many sellers (including me) are tired to answer stupid questions.

I believe its called "trying your luck" if you happen to like a nice watch that seller listed as "CONUS only".

Many a times, I saw a watch listed as "CONUS only" sold internationally. Sometimes you just need to ask, its quite human. ;)