When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie Introduction - Reps and Vintage

Hello everyone!

I'm a RWG newbie, and wanted to introduce myself.  I've been pretty active for a month or so over on RWI, and since they are down currently, I'll intrduce myself here.  I joined a few weeks ago in order to follow links posted on the RWI site.  I've enjoyed the information and the discussions.

I'm starting to build a rep collection through member-to-member sales while I continue to read and learn about trusted dealers.  So far I have an Omega Seamaster 300, a v3 Omega Planet Ocean (pumpkin), a Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish, Pam 111, Tag Link chrono, and a Rolex DD is in the mail!

I'm also interested in vintage watches and have been buying, reconditioning and selling/trading those for about 5 months now.  I am cutting my teeth on less expensive American/Swiss models like Waltham, Elgin, and Bulova.  Right now I'm working on a sweet 1960 Bulova President "D" watch.  It has a 10k rgp asymetrical case and is a very interesting watch.  In the attached picture below, the President is sitting next to a 1955 Bulova "23" or Sunburst.  Very cool dial.  I think it is one of the best looking watches made during the 1950's.  The dial for the President is currently being reconditioned.  The watch should be nearly perfectly restored in a couple of weeks.  Once I get the hang of the vintage scene and learn more about processes and suppliers, I hope to move up to higher-end gen vintage restorations.

I hope I can contribute as much as I pull from the Forum.  Thanks for having me, and hat-tip to the Mods for all their efforts!

post-52964-0-75598600-1365688870_thumb.j