When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

H-Factory PAM 089E GMT Anthracite review

PolonusTM

Great work and effort mate

Based on this I am really looking forward to the V2 :) 

Thanks for your efforts and time :)

Nope. 2001-2004 (D, E, F, G)<br /><br />http://www.paneraisource.com/watch_details/Contemporary_35.html<br /><br />a3eqyquz.jpg<br /><br />atehyrut.jpg<br />

OK... then it is another hit :) the GEN CG on your G-series is the same as on H-factory E-series 089... The same about high-profile lugs.

So... REP 089 from H-factory would be almost PERFECT when issued as G-series instead of E-series. Interesting news.

Edited by PolonusTM

I have already asked Joshua for possibility to make correct G-series case backs for this watch. Now I know it is possible but I need to know at least on serial / BB pair for them to make it right. Maybe Doug will let me know it via private message?

I have already asked Joshua for possibility to make correct G-series case backs for this watch. Now I know it is possible but I need to know at least on serial / BB pair for them to make it right. Maybe Doug will let me know it via private message?

You need to take into account that the F and G series watches have a different dial - the L-SM-L position is different.

For me the dial is more important that lug differences- who knows about lugs anyhow - unless you really careto do the excellent analysis that you have undertaken.

See the G series pics above in this thread and the F serial gen pics below.

09L008_02_zpsfef234cf.jpg

09L008_05_zpsc259adf6.jpg

09L008_07_zps473b695c.jpg

I'm tempted to order a Rep G series, and mod the case slightly to match my Gen. If I can get it to where I can't tell the difference, my Gen will hit eBay so fast it'll make your head spin!

I already have a dozen Gen straps and with the price of this watch climbing recently, I don't know that I'd have a compelling reason to keep it.

• 4 months later...

I just purchased this model but go a bit worried about the inner "facet" of the cg as opposed of it being square. After a lot of research it seems there are variations on the gen. Check this picture of a gen (unknown series) with inner edges much more "rounded" or faceted than our reps.... i think this one needs to be reevaluated to supre rep...IF and only if the series produced has rounded or faceted inner corners. If not... this model is a notch above first class and a notch below super rep...just because it may have a cg modeled after another series...i personally don´t mind...

Chek out this gen:

I just purchased this model but go a bit worried about the inner "facet" of the cg as opposed of it being square. After a lot of research it seems there are variations on the gen. Check this picture of a gen (unknown series) with inner edges much more "rounded" or faceted than our reps.... i think this one needs to be reevaluated to supre rep...IF and only if the series produced has rounded or faceted inner corners. If not... this model is a notch above first class and a notch below super rep...just because it may have a cg modeled after another series...i personally don´t mind...

Chek out this gen:

Did not attach pic sorry.... Here it is:

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if the Noob CG shape is more accurate on the 89? I have a 177 and the CG's are very different shape. The noob lever position is center and the H dramatically to the top among other things mentioned here.

Ordered an extra Noob Ti CG but wondering if anyone has replaced the lever per OP's original idea and if it was possible as the Noob again has the rollerball that is wrong. The lever width feels identical up against each other... 

or better to just file out the inner corners of the H to get it sharper

Edit... Well I think I answered my own question the Noob Ti CG does not look liek these gens here, the lever posistion is much lower and the H looks to be closer in relation to the top of the CG. SO the only way to get this to be a super rep is to file out the inner corners.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but has anyone else files out the inner corners of a Ti watch. Projectolgist over at RG said it was easy and the same process as SS. BTY that pic on 42 must be a rep?

• 7 months later...

That was one spectacularly well done review ... but then everyone seems to know that!

I have a Gen Pam 088 that a particularly happy Client bought me several years ago.  I was standing next to him when he bought it - one crazy expensive watch.

I told Josh about it and he told me that the H Factory was producing an insanely fabulous Pam 089, basically my same watch but Titanium.  I bought it and, while I do not claim to have the "eye" that some of our members have, it seemed to me to be every bit as well done as my gen - the crown guard does NOT have any mismatch to case.  Everything about the watch impressed me, especially the lume.  It is identical in both color and glow duration.  It keeps time every bit as well too but whereas the rep gains a little (very little) the gen runs a very little bit slow.

I wear the rep pretty much every day, everywhere I go. Being titanium, it is lighter than the gen, and if some enterprising punk with a gun relieves me of it one day, I'll get over it.  The gen might get me killed.

One other comment - the gen deployment clasp is NO comparison to the deployment clasp I had on hand here.  It got hard to operate so I switched it out.  I wish I could remember where I got those deployment clasps years ago.  All they say on them is "stainless steel."  That strikes me as really dumb - if you are going to make an excellent product, why wouldn't you label it?  I have probably got a couple of dozen of them (I love them on a stingray band), and none have ever given me a problem.

Anyway, like everyone else, I was very impressed with that review.

Bill

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi All,

I have this rep from H factory and really like it a lot! The thing I want to correct is the issue of the overly sharp edges across the piece, whether crown guard or underneath the watch case. How to do this? Thanks in advance for tips!