When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with new watch

GTEYE

I have just purchased my first replica watch from Toro Bravos - a Breitling Superocean Abyss with an asian automatic movement. On arrival, a week ago, everything was fine. However after wearing the watch only twice, it has now stopped and won't restart either by winding or by movement.

I am obviously gutted.

I have emailed Toro, but no reply.

Any advice given on what I should do now would be much appreciated!

Thanks

1st off, most rep watches contain used or unserviced movements. 2nd, I have never heard of Toro Bravos & most rep sellers (not listed on RWG) should be considered rogues. Depending on what you paid for it, I think you have 3 choices - keep trying Toro Bravos to see if they will replace the watch, take it to a local watchmaker for a complete overhaul (disassembly, cleaning & oiling) or replace it with a watch from 1 of the sellers listed on our site (I would recommend Trusty or PerfectClones).

But, before you do anything, I would recommend reading Toad's Guide to Newbies, which is pinned atop the Introduction forum.

• Like 1

Most, if not all TD's are pretty lax with responding to email.

I'm a (paid) member of 3 forums and this issue is the same across all 3.

Perhaps we (enthusiasts) have become complacent with our expectations of tardy responses to email?

I'm sure some of you are waiting to 'tear me a new one' on account of this post, but I remain of the opinion that these dealers (whether TD or not) have to get their collective acts together

and start responding to messages in a timely manner.

Our complacency is only encouraging their rather reticent behaviour.

I'll step off my soap box now.

Russ.

I think it's just cultural differences Russ.

The dealers communicate when they have something to say, and think nothing of it when nothing happens for weeks / months and they don't communicate.

As to stuff lost in the post, unless we're happy paying extra for tracked postage with expensive shippers like DHL / UPS, I don't see what the dealers can do apart from wait a few weeks (6 or so) to make sure it isn't just held up somewhere, and then proceed.

These things still bug me, my latest rep purchase took ages but got here in the end.

@fraggle42

I concur with the cultural differences argument/perspective.

But..............when it comes to online retail, this argument does wear thin (at least to me).

You have to be more competitive if you expect repeat business and some TD's like Reg @ Narikaa, Joshua @ Perfect Clones and Mary & Rochest from Watch International have this down 'pat'.

Guest suntor

Toro's quite well known on the several of the other forums. I'm sure he'll solve your problem, although I don't know why you'd post it here and not on the forum that he's a TD on.

Edited by Stephane
No advertising here please. Consider yourself warned now

Toro's quite well known on the several of the other forums. I'm sure he'll solve your problem, although I don't know why you'd post it here and not on the forum that he's a TD on.

wireless bridge

I think Toro IS a TD here on RWG.

• 2 weeks later...