When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Reps for 2013

sgtguk

I don't intend to question the point of prasing replicas that are extremelely accurate copies of the originals. Nevertheless, in my humble opinion "super" is a ... "superlative" that goes a little too far, which at some point can lead some of us to consideer the rep, an equivalent of the genuine watch.

Although some theoreticians posit that sometimes the copy superceeds or surpaces the original, a replica still is a replica.  So why not just say that this or that watch is a  top replica instead ?

To be fair, although I truly believe what I said before, I must admit I have not had the chance to hold a "super" rep of the list in my hands.

Honestly, the concept of "super" when it applies to watch replication is relative. What is "super" and acceptable to me may not be so at all for you. 

The flaws I can live with may be unbearable for you. There is no definition and official score on replication accuracy.

Ultimately, it goes back to this in my opinion: Are we able to carry off the watch we wear on the wrist, replica or not? 

Honestly, the concept of "super" when it applies to watch replication is relative. What is "super" and acceptable to me may not be so at all for you. 

The flaws I can live with may be unbearable for you. There is no definition and official score on replication accuracy.

Ultimately, it goes back to this in my opinion: Are we able to carry off the watch we wear on the wrist, replica or not? 

+1

PO Ti has a number of flaws...but overall the build quality rep wise is very good and in addition to LKs comments (that I agree with) what really carries a watch off is the quality of it on the wrist....

Setting aside the wearer.... if something looks of good qulaity etc etc then it will usually carry the day.....

Details and models/batches/idiosyncraises can vary so much that rarely will you be unlikely enough to meet the WIS anal elite.... or rep anal elite ...especially on the wrist

What you can learn from this community about reps can be a double edged sword..... when it comes to wearing a rep.... you may know what thats watches flaws are...but the majority wouldnt know in any circumstances... they judge a watch by how it looks quality wise (ie does it look expensive etc) and in turn the wearer ;)

Most people havent heard of most watch brands let alone its specific details.....

And to really see the above is pretty much there...just read any gen forums when they discuss 'fakes'.....or what to look for....

• 2 months later...

I was disappointed to see in the IWC list that the new 45mm Spitfire Doppel Chronograph 371806 was not included.  In my opinion the only "tell" on this watch is the fact that there is no second chronograph function, even though it displays both large second hands and has the third pusher.  Am I wrong on this?  If so I would appreciate a critique from one of the experts.

• 4 months later...

Since this list came out in 13, there have been several very significant additions to the AP lineup. Namely the AP ROO diver versions 5, 5.1 and 6. According to the reviews, the V6 is really nice. Also the Forged Carbon V3 diver.

Don't know if the list is open ended and ongoing, or were you going to freeze it with only 2013 reps. Problem is, if new members look at the list, some of these are either discontinued, or much better newer versions are available.

My the way, I believe this is a great list, and should be a valuable asset, to all members looking to buy the best top quality reps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Too bad there aren't more newbies like you, y.pango! Thanks for actually taking the time to read all you can to help yourself - that's what it's there for, to educate not ignore. Take it all in and become smarter and make your own decisions.

You can find out so much from just reading, if all Noobs did, they would be able to formulate their answers and not be flamed.

• 5 months later...

Getting some more input via pm guys but everyone's views are more than welcome the more the merrier   :inverted:   post on the thread though so that we can all have input on this. I hope that some noobs have been reading the list today, if so could any of them comment, so we know the thread is working for them and is a useful exercise ;) 

I'll do my best to update the list with James on the other RwG asap :)

This is a really helpful list. Used it to narrow down choices to Cartier Santos, B&R BR02, and AP ROO. List is relevant even in late 2014.

Thanks for the list.

• Like 2