When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

$359 USD for Service of A7750?

paneraiguy

Isnt that speedy G? Hes in chicago like me. Ive heard good things but i thought he didnt work on chronos? I guess he does lol 

Nope, not Speedy G. The other "G" is in Texas.

My Daytona started in Chicago and went back twice before it was properly repaired in Texas.

Get in touch with Rolexman Does great work and is in Holland i think??? I can ever remember, i know its in EU somewhere lol. You wont be sorry.

Yeap, Holland it is and does a superb job, currently waiting for my Ebel Panda to arrive from a full service from him and will post a review of his work

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 10.0

Have you considered getting the movement taken out of the case and sending the movement to someone who'll do the service?

I can't see customs being bothered by a bare movement?

And removing & reinstalling the movement from a watch is a lot less skilled than servicing a movement.

Richard

Have you considered getting the movement taken out of the case and sending the movement to someone who'll do the service?

I can't see customs being bothered by a bare movement?

And removing & reinstalling the movement from a watch is a lot less skilled than servicing a movement.

Richard

Hey Richard, I have but I don't have any tools, and wouldn't have the first idea of taking it apart to send. I am waiting for Rolexman to get back to

Me, if he is too busy, I will send it to this watchmaker, might be expensive but at least it will get done, it's been sitting in the draw since I got it, and can't enjoy it.

Just waiting for a reply from him, but I suspect his new little one is taking up all his time, and I certainly don't wont to intrude on his family time at the moment, that's the most important thing in the world.

That's very thoughtful if you!

I'm indeed currently finishing running projects like J's Ebel. When my little one keeps true to the schedule she will arrive within a week :)

For those who aren't in a hurry shoot me a PM end May.

Hey Richard, I have but I don't have any tools, and wouldn't have the first idea of taking it apart to send. I am waiting for Rolexman to get back to

Me, if he is too busy, I will send it to this watchmaker, might be expensive but at least it will get done, it's been sitting in the draw since I got it, and can't enjoy it.

I was thinking along the lines of servicing a watch is a very skilled watchsmiths job.

Taking a watch case apart and taking the movement out doesn't need that level of skills.

So if you have a "normal" watchsmith near you who you trust to take the movement out (and put it back in when it's been serviced), get them to take it out, then sent the movement to someone like MD2020 / Rolexman, who'll do a sterling job and send it back to you, then get your local watchsmith to reassemble it.

It would work out cheaper I bet, and only take another few days.

Just an option to consider! :)

If you look at it from a distance servicing a movement is not expensive at all. A €200 service for a €2000+ watch seems ok. But a €200 service for a €200 rep seems insane. It all is a mater of perspective. The price of the watch is irrelevant to the work that is put into servicing a movement. Some buy reps, wear them and if they break they will buy a new one. Others want to keep and maintain their rep as they would a genuine, in their eyes the rep becomes genuine basically. A personal choise. You can find some interesting discussions in my signature.

And all the discussions about pricing is irrelevant. I can do a 'full service' for €30 bucks. Does that mean I will? No. Like I mentioned earlier. Buy the craftsman and not the service. Everybody can give you a quote on a full service but you need to be confident you will get what you pay for! IMO a lot of so called watch makers or local jewelers cut corners and only a few will give your watch a true tear down.

• Like 1

If you look at it from a distance servicing a movement is not expensive at all. A €200 service for a €2000+ watch seems ok. But a €200 service for a €200 rep seems insane. It all is a mater of perspective. The price of the watch is irrelevant to the work that is put into servicing a movement. Some buy reps, wear them and if they break they will buy a new one. Others want to keep and maintain their rep as they would a genuine, in their eyes the rep becomes genuine basically. A personal choise. You can find some interesting discussions in my signature.

And all the discussions about pricing is irrelevant. I can do a 'full service' for €30 bucks. Does that mean I will? No. Like I mentioned earlier. Buy the craftsman and not the service. Everybody can give you a quote on a full service but you need to be confident you will get what you pay for! IMO a lot of so called watch makers or local jewelers cut corners and only a few will give your watch a true tear down.

Yep, hit in on the mail mate!!