When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Carbon diver on TrustyTime

• 3 weeks later...

Mine came in today too and I have to say it is the best out of the box rep I have seen. I am happy to wear it as is but that's not goi g to stop me from doing a few mods... AR, lume, gen strap, gen ETA, maybe some others but I will play with it for a while to see. I can't say enough about it definitely worth the wait.

Posted Image

• Like 2

Mine came in today too and I have to say it is the best out of the box rep I have seen. I am happy to wear it as is but that's not goi g to stop me from doing a few mods... AR, lume, gen strap, gen ETA, maybe some others but I will play with it for a while to see. I can't say enough about it definitely worth the wait.

I'm with you!

Got mine a few days ago and love it.

It was £300 and not £22,000, but who is ever going to know what the minor flaws are, unless you take it into an AD?

I'll service it when it needs it, but I won't be doing any mods, it really is good enough as it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine's ready to ship (again)... anyone care to comment?

For me, all the inner bezel indices seem off. which means the detente is not lined up properly and I would need to rotate it past a detente to lock it down. Does anyone else have this issue?

Also, there isn't so much contrast in the carbon flakes of the case... 

Also, the case back counterbores look like crap and the center logo/back engraving not so great.

Am I being too picky?

I sent my last one back because the bezel yellow paint was misaligned and the movement sounded like rocks. It also had the problem of the inner bezel detente misalignment as well as the low contrast carbon flakes.

post-212-0-81007600-1379980590_thumb.jpg

post-212-0-28072800-1379980594_thumb.jpg

post-212-0-61474700-1379980597_thumb.jpg

post-212-0-75795600-1379980602_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So evidently,these aren't water proof.

vuqa5y3e.jpg

I broke it down when I got home. Turns out that the bezel is cracked at the nuts.

a3e7ame2.jpg

So I need to locate a new ceramic bezel. I'll grease the gaskets too. Should do the trick.

eveme7ur.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hello,

I took a look at the case construction of the ap carbon diver. Your cracked bezel has no influence on the waterproofnes of the watch. One of the seals must be damaged or the screws haven't been tightend.

Best,

Olreon