When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1:1 custom datewheel production for Audemars Piguet ROO Franken is finished!

thanks Legend...that was what i thought. so the datewheels he is selling here appear to work with lwo283 swiss movement?

I am thinking of modding an ap roo and i am looking at swiss movement options. Just starting to do research now. The simpler method appears to just do a swiss eta 7750...whereas the lwo283 takes more work and is more complicated. is this a correct assessment?

thanks Legend...that was what i thought. so the datewheels he is selling here appear to work with lwo283 swiss movement?

I am thinking of modding an ap roo and i am looking at swiss movement options. Just starting to do research now. The simpler method appears to just do a swiss eta 7750...whereas the lwo283 takes more work and is more complicated. is this a correct assessment?

Yes, Edge's datewheels are for the LWO283 movement primarily.

The LWO283 movement is one commonly used for the franken ROO projects. But for it to be integrated fully into a watch, a lot of work is needed, like a genuine dial, genuine hands are good but optional, and modification of the case for the new crown position. 

You are right about the ETA7750 movement replacement being a simpler option. The rep dial can still be used, and the case needs no modding. The only one I know who does this mod is Domi who is based in Germany. You may wish to send him an email. PM me if you wish to know the address.

With a swiss ETA, you can't have gen dial or hands.

With LWO, you can(or any movement with a Dubois-Depraz module). That is why LWO is used on frankens. 

Edited by rillesnille