When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 089 From Andrew - Some pics

Ricardo L

I just received this beauty from Andrew

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=PN089&x=0&y=0

A bit pricey at about $400 once you pay shipping, but I just fell in love with the Titanium brushed look and the GMT dial. -- Quick delivery from Andrew, can't wait to go outside and see how the dial looks in the sunlight.

I really like the strap that Andrew is shipping with this watch, great grey color, nice suede leather, and super soft, its VERY comfortable, my wrist is on the small side (about 6 3/4"), and i have no discomfort with the 44mm case with this strap.

I think the dial might be about a millimiter too low, the L SWISS MADE L seems to be cut-off .. - might just be my angle in the shot though.

post-8361-0-64598400-1367089673_thumb.jp

post-8361-0-16095100-1367089675_thumb.jp

post-8361-0-06587000-1367089677_thumb.jp

You can actually move the dial up a tiny bit: I have just checked it on mine - after releasing clams holding movement against case you can move it a bit. I have easily make my watch into looking like Yours - with L SWISS MADE L being undercut a bit. So, open the watch, loose the screws a bit and move the movement up :)

Btw - does anyone know how close a 7750 movement sounds to a gen PAM 89 .. (i am too lazy to lookup the movement name for the 89) ... 

its unlikely that anyone who sees me with this watch would know what its supposed to sound like .. but just curious .. 

havent been able to take this watch off my wrist since i got it .. 

and the sounds the 7750 makes has grown on me -- while typing at work it will once in a while get the right momentum and wobble -- kind of a cool reminder that its there.

Its design is exactly the same as the OP VIII, ok the rep bearing on the rotor may be a little louder buut no different than a swiss 7750 that needs a bit of lube. No one is going to say that it is a rep just because it is a bit louder.

It has arrived, It has been all round germany with GLS over the last 9 days since it got send from the UK 

Anyone here work with GLS?????

Stunning watch though, a bit of a review to come in a couple of days

It has arrived, It has been all round germany with GLS over the last 9 days since it got send from the UK

Anyone here work with GLS?????

Stunning watch though, a bit of a review to come in a couple of days

Looking forward to that review :-)

Could you do me a favour and measure the height of the bridge on the cg - distance from underside of the bridge to the case face below the crown/tube?

Many thanks.

Edited by Mapman57