When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

CrPO 45 mm Titanium review *with pics*

Guest khashayar

Guest khashayar

Hey guys. My first review, so be gentle. Feel free to ask any questions though.

First and foremost I would like to thanks Jeff (cougar1) for helping me with everything all the way from ordering the watch to when I actually received it. He holds a lot of information and knowledge which have been priceless in my scenario. So thanks very much Jeff, you're the man.

Anyway here is the review:

I ordered from Trusty Time the 16th of April. I received it one week and two days later since the day he sent it. The postal services in Sweden even delivered the watch to my door.
When I opened the package and saw the watch, I was at first disappointed. It lacked that special "thing" from when you test the PO at the AD. It almost looked a little "bland" to be perfectly honest.

After I took away the plastics that covered it, resized the bracelet and winded it a couple of times to see if the movement is okay, I put it on my wrist. It was very light. Disturbingly light. I've never had a Titanium watch/bracelet before, so the feeling was special. I only tested it with the blue rubber strap at the AD, so I wasn't sure how to react. Still knowing the properties of Ti compared to steel, I was not convinced. The watch felt cheap (weight-wise). Like those crap fake rolexes you buy for 30 dollars. 

I've been wearing the watch for more than a week now. And here comes the fun part; that kind of bad feeling I had with the watch has disappeared. I'm used to the Ti know, so steel feels too heavy. The best things with the watch are the following: The AR (immaculate!), the blue colour (which resembles the gen very much) and the lume. If I didn't know any better, these qualities really makes the watch look gen. The bezel is ceramic I believe. It really haves that special shine to it, makes the watch come so much more alive. It's still not any liquidmetal bezel, but the work is still really, really good.

I've tested the watch for its accuracy, and it only lost 3 seconds the day I tested. So the Swiss movement masquerading as the inhouse Omega 8500 Co-axial movement, is really good. 
That is however my biggest issue with the watch (today). I love the fact that the factories really tried to create the new PO with open caseback (they look SO much better than the previous generation imho), but the giveaway of the watch really lies with the open caseback movement. It bothers me (even if the caseback it still absolutely amazing aesthetically).
The pearl placement is also a little painful. I'm no watch expert or anything, but how hard can it be to cut a damn hole for the pearl more centre in the triangle...?

I know it sounds as if I'm complaining a lot, but that's just my character (unfortunately). To be honest, I still love the watch. Besides those two issues, the craftmanship and hard work that has been put into the details is nothing less than amazing. The logos, markers etc are really good. It's the small details that gives an impression, and Andrew has really been successful with this. 

The blue pops out much more than the black imo. I've seen many people really staring at my watch. The colour really attracts a lot of attention. Typical Omega colour. I think I'll hold on to this until the ceramic SMPS come out in the future. Then I'll see what I shall do. But for now, even I can't stop staring at it...

I'm not going to type much more, so I'll include some pics of the watch (I took them with my phone). Hope you found this review helpful. 
Btw, the pics don't do it justice. It's much more beautiful irl. 

P.S. I know the triangle doesn't look centred in the pictures, but it is in real life. It just looks that way. And the lume shot was hard to capture since the sun is out. But it'll give you a good idea. D.S.

post-52261-0-10596000-1367671037_thumb.jpost-52261-0-12912200-1367671056_thumb.jpost-52261-0-12758300-1367671094_thumb.jpost-52261-0-59361100-1367671158_thumb.jpost-52261-0-94611100-1367671111_thumb.jpost-52261-0-98258500-1367671210_thumb.jpost-52261-0-73779000-1367671215_thumb.j

• Like 2

Wonderful review.  Thank you!

If the AR has been improved now, then that is great.

I know what you mean about Titanium.  I've tried the gen and it just feels so light.  I kind of prefer steel but then I love blue so I think that will win me over in the end.  Plus the titanium is more interesting as a material.

Guest khashayar

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Much appreciated.

Here's another pic in natural sunlight and color. You can definitely see the real blue color of it now. post-52261-0-84325200-1367680967_thumb.j

Congratulations on getting this one, looks stunning in your pics mate   :notworthy:   Enjoy it !

I've found that Titanium feels really flimsy and cheap compared to SS when you first put it on, give it a few hours though and you forget that your wearing it :) it has some great properties and is a fantastic material for watches ! 

Great review and photos my friend, thanks for sharing your experience with it.  I know where you are coming from with titanium, I was the same when I purchased my first Titanium watch, a Tissot chronograph, it was really light, but after a week or so, I got used to it, so much so, I could at times not even know I was wearing it.

Guest khashayar

Once again, thanks for everyone's kinds words.

To make my final remarks about the Ti bracelet - it's really awesome. You get used to it, and the fact is that the properties of the Ti goes extra well with the color of the watch. It's hard to describe why, it just does. They blend together in a perfect manner.

I went to the AD again today. I wanted to buy the blue rubber strap with the Ti deployment buckle. So I told the salesmen I have the one with the bracelet, and he instantly looked at my watch. I'm not kidding you guys... He thought it was a gen. How can I tell? His attitude towards me changed drastically and started talking about helping me find the rubber strap and see if he could give me a bargain. He became more friendly and helpful and talked about helping my with anything with regarding my watch.

So I put the blue PO with rubber strap next to mine. Except for the movement on the back (of course) and the pearl that was not equally centered, just at a glance, there wasn't any major difference. Not kidding you guys. The color was SPOT on! Of course since I knew about mine being a rep I could tell that the properties of the bezel for instance were different, but that's just because I knew that the numbers are painted on the rep, and on the gen it's engraved with a laser. But nothing you could've known without having an insight into the rep industry.

So the watch is now extra dear to me. I don't know, perhaps I should've exchanged the watches when he wasn't looking. I'm sure he still wouldn't be able to tell the difference... ;)

• Like 1

Guest khashayar

Great comments!!

I was just checking Omega site. Odly can't find the 45.mm blue Ti there!!! Only in 42mm. Did they stop doing it in 45.mm?? Anyone know?

hxxp://m.omegawatches.com/index.html?section=watch&cuid=2&suid=1382&gender=gents&wuid=3047&lang=en&guid=ON

As mentioned above by cornerstone, don't take the watch to an AD Khashayar. It just brings attention to the reps and is frowned upon. Most ADs/boutiques are just sales staff and are not skilled at spotting replicas so you may have got away this time without any notice. Even if he did notice he may be just being polite. These watches may look nice and gen like from the front but one flip upside down and even an unskilled sales rep who is familiar with handling the gen would notice a difference between gen and rep.

If you are getting a rubber strap, just pick it up without wearing the watch. Just easier and less hassle.

Guest khashayar

As mentioned above by cornerstone, don't take the watch to an AD Khashayar. It just brings attention to the reps and is frowned upon. Most ADs/boutiques are just sales staff and are not skilled at spotting replicas so you may have got away this time without any notice. Even if he did notice he may be just being polite. These watches may look nice and gen like from the front but one flip upside down and even an unskilled sales rep who is familiar with handling the gen would notice a difference between gen and rep.

If you are getting a rubber strap, just pick it up without wearing the watch. Just easier and less hassle.

My bad. Did not know that.