When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Interim Review of Ordering/Purchasing TC's Type II LV Sub

SSTEEL

I couldn't find a TC review section in the TC trade are, so I will post this here.

Well, I did it, after a long time, I have finally sent paypal payment yesterday for my TC Sub LV Type II :)

I have been in contact with Thomas on and off these last few weeks talking about this build, and his up and coming new builds too, including the all new TC Sub Gen like insert, with perfect pearl, and of course the lastest project, the TC TT Sub :)

This thread here serves as an interim review post, covering the various stages through to receiving the watch.

06/05/2013 Order submitted, and paid via paypal.

Note to note, prior to my order, Thomas informed me that he no longer offers the Swiss ETA in his build.  This is due to the high markup from the supplier, and sourcing problems from this same supplier.

Therefore, TC now offers the TC2824 movement, which is on par with the ETA anyway, with parallel specifications during lots of testing, including a drop test.  The TC 2824, does however come with the gen like #4 Cannon Pinion :)

The new price for the Type II LV Sub is now $450.  Plus shipping, which breaks down to the following parts, mods, and costs...

It is basically the identical twin to TC Sub version IV with a few upgrades: TC V3 DWO and TC 93250 combi bracelet. Dial and hands are of 16610LV Maxi dial and hands.

Type II is of exact specs to Type I except Type II has no bezel insert. It's a perfect launch pad for members who wants to put a gen bezel insert on, whether green or black, or go for a franken project.

Shipping CONUS is $5.35, plus 2.9% PayPal fee the grand total of TC LV Sub Type II with TC 2824 is US$468.55

If you're in EU, Shipping from UK is US$22 plus 4% Paypal, that grant total with TC 2824 is US$490.88

For members in Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand, shipping made from China (EMS) is US$20, plus 4% PayPal fee. The grand total of TC LV Sub Type II with TC 2824 is US$488.8

There is a 19-21 day waiting period for this watch due to no builds completed in stock, but Thomas has confirmed that he does have all the parts to build them.

Since sending my paypal payment to Thomas yesterday, he has yet to get back to me, so I dropped him an email today just to confirm he got my payment ok.  Again, no reply as of yet.

I will email him later today too as I wish to confirm the availability of the #4 Cannon Pinion on this replacement TC2824, but I feel it will be without.  As mentioned above, I will update this post as soon as I know something.

All being well, I should have my TC sub by this months end.
  • Like 1

I have ordered one on the 3rd. Payment confirmed by TC today. Now just to wait. I have gen insert coming in too. My only worry is if it fits out of the box, cause I've read people having issues with it. Worst case scenario i will sand it a bit. Enjoy your purchase:D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Glad to see you getting one of these SS, I've got the older version without insert from him last year and the Gen insert went in no worries   :)  As your Much better than me with a camera I can't wait for the pics :notworthy:   

Cheers guys, quite excited.  Still no word from Thomas yet to let me know he got my paypal payment ok, but I'm still confident, and know he's ultra busy.

Cheers guys, quite excited. Still no word from Thomas yet to let me know he got my paypal payment ok, but I'm still confident, and know he's ultra busy.

Which I believe he is, due to his latest DWO V3 project. I have an lv sub Type II on order as well, and am glad I opted to wait for the DWO V3 to be available. :)

Sent from my SGH-T889/SHV-E250S using Tapatalk 2

Yep, mine is awaiting the DWO V3 too.  Should have the sub by the end of this month.  

Had confirmation payment received last night, and that Cannon Pinion #4 is on the TC 2824 too.

• 4 weeks later...

Heard today from Thomas, he is super excited on how the DWO V3 has turned out, and he says it looks amazing. He is currently working through his back log of ordered builds, and said he will not be rushing any of them, so to all be patient, he did go on to say mine will be ready end of this month. I'm fine with that, I would rather him take his time, and ensure the build is 110% before shipping my order :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, after seeing some new TC Sub owners showing off their new purchases, it appears some are getting the new V4 clasp too, so I fired off an email to Thomas to see if my build will come with the V4 clasp too.  Happy to report, yes :)

Micky, 

Yes, I am working really hard on making all the members' builds. It's crazy. I will try to get the unit ready for shipment to UK by end of this month. Once it arrives UK, my colleague will forward it to you in Finland via Royal Mail. 

The V4 clasp in the picture was a sample. It is still in the development stage. But I'm quite confident I will provide V4 clasp to you and the other members who placed the order in the same period of time.

TC 

Please post pics ASAP I can't wait to see this new build, sounds too good to be true but I know it is and am looking forward to seeing how great it looks. Congratulations on your new purchase but I know the wait can really take a toll on you for something this special. Please keep us all posted on the progress even QC pics if you can because I have now become very interested in this new top quality watch. And thanks for the info posted here.

Oh you don't have to worry about that, I will get lots of photos, macro shots too when it arrives :)

Not sure if TC does QC photos, but will update as and when I know something more.

• 1 month later...

Oh you don't have to worry about that, I will get lots of photos, macro shots too when it arrives :)

Not sure if TC does QC photos, but will update as and when I know something more.

At least for me, I didn't get any QC pics, but nevertheless, TC, I believe does his QC. :)

Mine has been with me for about 3 weeks and I'm loving every bit of it! Also came with the awesome V4 clasp. :wub:

Posted Image

And the V3 dwo is damn near perfect!

Posted Image

Hope you do not mind me posting in your thread, mate. :p

All in all, TC is a great guy to deal with. And good stuff always takes time & patience. :)

Sent from my SHV-E250S using Tapatalk 2

Ssteel my watch has been on order for a bit now...you don't mind if I take yours now and i'm on your return you take mine...im sure it will be there for you on your return. ;-)

Sorry for the late reply, only just got back from vacation, too late my friend, looking forward to receiving my order next week.  Was held until the 23rd due to vacation.  Just waiting for the tracking number from Thomas now. :)