When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Interim Review of Ordering/Purchasing TC's Type II LV Sub

SSTEEL

No connection to seller but green

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=306558

Whats your take on the quality of the current insert? Some say it's pretty good. :g:

Sadly I don't know, the TC insert I was getting, the deal has fell through due to the seller having personal problems, so I'm on the hunt again.

SSteel what is the lume like on yours?

i just received my watch from TC but the lume looks a tad messy.  

Sorry about the loss of photos, I accidentally deleted a sub-filder in photobucket  yesterday which contained all my watch related photos :)

The lume looked pretty good.  Here's a back up photo of it...

9402863154_c4e024b17f_b.jpg

I will get a clearer shot when I get time, and also try a photo with the loupe too.

Edited by SSTEEL

Yup you are right,contemplating one of this. :g: Then I gotta get The Zigmeister to redo lume :fool:  and how to you feel about sel fitment guys heard ok but not great? :pimp:

Mike just received my TC LV sub and I must say absolutely outstanding attention to detail. Get one while you can!!!!!! I'll post a short review soon.

Steel probably sounds like a NOOB question but are the included spring bars just extras???? I've got mine as well and haven't figured out a use for them :fool:

I am glad You have asked that Indy! I would like to know too.

Steel probably sounds like a NOOB question but are the included spring bars just extras???? I've got mine as well and haven't figured out a use for them :fool:

Yes, I got two pairs, one were already fitted with the bracelet, the two in the small packet are supposed to be slightly thicker, which in turn, when fitted, ensures the SEL fitment is nice and tight should it been loose with the fitted ones.

Give me a minute, and I will upload a photo showing the size difference.

Thanks STEEL!!!! Hmmmm now the question is should I change them???? :g: What did you do?

The spring-bars included in mine worked perfectly.

So you keep the originals on? How can you tell if they work perfectly? Are the smaller ones sometimes a bit loose?

I am glad You have asked that Indy! I would like to know too.

+1  ;)

Thanks STEEL!!!! Hmmmm now the question is should I change them???? :g: What did you do?

So you keep the originals on? How can you tell if they work perfectly? Are the smaller ones sometimes a bit loose?

+1  ;)

I didn't notice anything loose during my initial photo shoot.  I don't have the bracelet fitted at the moment as I plan on doing another comparison of SEL's between the TC and Trusty bracelets.  I guess I could include in that a trial fitting with the fatter bars too.

The fat 2mm springbars are gen spec and should be used with these watches. He included the small ones in case the bracelet is used for non gen spec subs.

There are people out there who say the smaller springbars in general, will wear out-and elongate the lugholes in watches. I definitely would use the larger 2mm bars with your TC watch.

• Like 2

The fat 2mm springbars are gen spec and should be used with these watches. He included the small ones in case the bracelet is used for non gen spec subs.

There are people out there who say the smaller springbars in general, will wear out-and elongate the lugholes in watches. I definitely would use the larger 2mm bars with your TC watch.

+1 Thanks Woof!