When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Interim Review of Ordering/Purchasing TC's Type II LV Sub

SSTEEL

Oh right, seeing as its new, is your crown, and stem nice and tight, for example, when adjusting the time?

As to your issue, it may need several gentle operations of unscrewing the crown, and adjusting the time, date, and wind position to run these parts in proper.

The crown is to blame...the detent spring inside the crown is no good.Which does not allow the crown to engage properly when it pushes out...you need to replace the crown with a new one.....that should fix your problem 99 % of the time....

Interesting to know mate, is Thomas aware of this yet?  I have a genuine crown coming to me soon, will the gen cron incorporate this spring?

Here are the two sets of spring bars that come with the TC Sub.

Left (were fitted in the SEL when arrived)  

Right (were in small zip bag, and are slightly fatter).

9471941483_c803d63956_b.jpg

Hey Steel I just checked my TC sub and mine came installed with the ones on the right and the extras I got in the small plastic baggie also are the larger ones. So looks like TC didn't give me the skinnies which I don't need anyway.

TC is aware of the problem.....this happens even with gen crowns....sometimes we have faulty ones..no worries though...

Ok, cool.

Hey Steel I just checked my TC sub and mine came installed with the ones on the right and the extras I got in the small plastic baggie also are the larger ones. So looks like TC didn't give me the skinnies which I don't need anyway.

Interesting, easy to do I guess.

Correct mate.

Hey! Did you experience problems fitting your gen bezel insert into the bezel assembly? I have a gen black bezel insert and cannot for the life of me fit it in.

I was told by the watch smith that the bezel is a tad smile and needs to be files to accommodate the smaller bezel. :o

Anyone have this Problem? Strange given that TC says the watch accepts gen bezel inserts with no mods needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hey! Did you experience problems fitting your gen bezel insert into the bezel assembly? I have a gen black bezel insert and cannot for the life of me fit it in.

I was told by the watch smith that the bezel is a tad smile and needs to be files to accommodate the smaller bezel. :o

Anyone have this Problem? Strange given that TC says the watch accepts gen bezel inserts with no mods needed.

Welcome to the forums.  1st post in almost 18 months!?!

What's the part number of your insert?  Its the first time I have heard of an insert being smaller than the bezel, its usually the other way round, and larger.

Welcome to the forums. 1st post in almost 18 months!?!

What's the part number of your insert? Its the first time I have heard of an insert being smaller than the bezel, its usually the other way round, and larger.

Lol. Ima lurker mostly.

Sorry I meant the insert is bigger than the TC bezel. My insert is a gen 16610 bezel insert.

I'd recommend NOT sanding the insert...it is a VERY tight fit so it often takes a pro (even a persistent pro) to get it in right and not screwing it up...but it does fit without sanding. Mine was a bugger...measured TCs was a tad smaller .04) than the oem insert, but it fit.

• 3 years later...