When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Attention New York City Noobs-local rep repair

NYC friendly quick reasonably

Priced rep repair

I KNOW WE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO LIKE OUR a7750's or double ARd crystals.

I finally found the smart watch smith who has to realize that those of us who purchase reps spend twice the amount servicing and modding or watches. Than gen customers. When I buy a 40k

DayDate Presidential I'm not changing anything! Also i hate buying a watch and waiting the long amount of time to then to everything else I want done.

I work a couple blocks from the diamond district where 90% of NYCs fine watches are sold and or serviced. After getting looks of disgust over 30 times no joke trying to get My cheap asian watch serviced, for fear they would break it or its illegalFor me to

Touch that I kept looking and after buying a couple gens and becoming friendly with some Of the guys their i started bringing my

Reps to one shop broken up

In two stands. It's 2 brothers and 1 is an AD for many high end brands in the front and sells watches and one does repairs in the back..

I found that I could get gen crystals installed for about the same or less

Than sending it away and waiting for it to still be a rep crystal with two coats of anti reflective coating. Same thing with movements, parts, you name

It. Tell them what you want..

ie, you can ask for an OEM omega insert or aftermarket one, a dg4813 movement installed after a 21j dies, servicing all movements at very reasonable prices, tell them what you want and what u want to

Spend and if they dont have it they can order the parts for you very quickly. Sometimes that means calling two shops down

You can bring the parts to them and tell them what you want. They have learned to deal with me as we happen to be a picky bunch and have had them

Do the same thing 3 times til they got it right . I must have gone 10

Times since I first got the ok and it hasn't been that long.

I'm not sure they want the attention of their name On the board but any native

Nyers or those who want to take a

Trip to NYC to do some

Watch work on their rep feel free to pm me. I have nothing to do with them

And don't get referral fees or anything like that I was just sick of hunting down non existent watch smiths From 3 year old

Posts. I love dropping my watch off in the morning before work and picking it up after or next day.

So Far I've had movement swaps, broken 7750s serviced to working smooth again,almost every other movement serviced, replaced bezels, inserts, dials, gaskets, springs, and crystals installed some OEM some not and all my watches polished, I usually bring multiple watches at once to get a deal as their Machine makes the bands look new, they sometimes forget to do the watch itself so make sure to tell them

What you want and they all so far look

New again.

• Like 1

To the OP please don't take this wrong, but you are brand new here. there are a fair number of guys here who have gotten burned, some pretty badly by people who were supposed to be really talented, reasonably priced watch smiths, who ended up messing the watches up and or losing things or skipping out with unfinished work, etc. So from past experience, there are a plenty of us here who have a healthy skepticism when it comes to things like this, be it new watch smiths, dealers, parts suppliers, whatever. If a few of the guys who live in the area feel adventurous, they will PM you and then go check this guy out. If he does good work, over time, more and more folks will use his services.

I never told anyone that this the way to go simply shared it as one of may routes people

Can choose to mod/service/repair their watches. Lol I don't understand how it can be fishy, I'm not telling anyone to send watches here as I don't think the store will even want to

Deal with that. But if you walk into a watch store and ask for say example a panerai crystal for x model number if they have it in stock they will show it to you and if you want it installed tell them to install it. Not sure how the scam can occur. If you don't want to buy a Pam crystal

Don't buy it. If you prefer and aftermarket buy that one or not at all. This isn't some

Guy building watches in his basement, watch parts are ordered and installed everyday. I was excited to find alternatives to mr chun and the Russian in NYC who have the same access to replacement parts as we do. I m

Shocked that people think its fishy because you don't have to buy something or get if installed if you don't want too. And this once Again was a suggestion to help out people in NYC who can walk info a store and c pick what they want. Last year a store in that area got caught selling rep merchandise as real and it was a huge story in all the papers and they got

In a lot of trouble, so I personally don't worry about getting an item not as described especially when you can walk into any other store and ask them if ifs real if a package And serial number along wirh your own judgement isn't good enough

I never told anyone that this the way to go simply shared it as one of may routes people

Can choose to mod/service/repair their watches. Lol I don't understand how it can be fishy, I'm not telling anyone to send watches here as I don't think the store will even want to

Deal with that. But if you walk into a watch store and ask for say example a panerai crystal for x model number if they have it in stock they will show it to you and if you want it installed tell them to install it. Not sure how the scam can occur. If you don't want to buy a Pam crystal

Don't buy it. If you prefer and aftermarket buy that one or not at all. This isn't some

Guy building watches in his basement, watch parts are ordered and installed everyday. I was excited to find alternatives to mr chun and the Russian in NYC who have the same access to replacement parts as we do. I m

Shocked that people think its fishy because you don't have to buy something or get if installed if you don't want too. And this once Again was a suggestion to help out people in NYC who can walk info a store and c pick what they want. Last year a store in that area got caught selling rep merchandise as real and it was a huge story in all the papers and they got

In a lot of trouble, so I personally don't worry about getting an item not as described especially when you can walk into any other store and ask them if ifs real if a package And serial number along wirh your own judgement isn't good enough

Posted Image

I was stupid enough.to get a MOP dial custom

Made and on a bentley motors quartz, they did that for me after I wouldn't take no for an answer. one of my first reps and had no clue about movements or why a dial the same size couldn't be installed into a rep. That was like 4 years ago and now one of my friends rocks it and gets compliments everyday he wears it. 9 out of 10 people have no idea what the correct subdials should do or look like

On a breitling bentley except us

Or other bentley owners

But come on, What watch shop is just going to sell to some joe on the street gen parts like that? HI this is a replica watch and i want you to install as many gen parts as possible, thanks. :bangin: I highly doubt it.

And the watch shop

Would rather say how many aftermarket discount parts Can I sell you for 1/3 the price instead? I never heard someone talk like that . Hi this is a replica watch can I...?

Usually people would say something like this say hi mr storekeeper I'm interested in new springs, and a gasket and crystal for my rolex ###### id rather have an original one then aftermarket if you can get it.

Store keeper; I should be able to get both for aftermarket parts its going to be 90$ total the original parts are going to be 250$ do u have the watch?

Yes I do , that's the problem it's not original Rolex (but i happen to know the original parts will fit) or do you think can see if they fit and if u do can u can install them...

Doesn't sound crazy to me at all. if u ask

For 250$ and up worth of parts and show your prepared to pay for them not sure how you are a joe on the st. And still not sure y anyone would

Think a store whose sole purpose no matter what is to turn a profit would sell something cheaper .

Btw .. It's always cheaper to have whoever u r buying something from to have them install it as they will charge u very little or nothing at all as I have learned this from thinking I was getting

Deals on Ebay once for an OEM bentley tachymeter, and it Cost more for installation., have more examples but my bus is almost near my job.. And I bought same tachymeter for diff bentley at a jewelry store and it cost me $100 installed. Instead of 60$ and 100$.

I'm in NJ, but work in NY - fairly close to the diamond district as well. If you can PM me the name and or address, I will certainly stop in and see them. Especially if they can source and install the Gen parts.

Keep me updated JJ.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I was looking for a watchmaker to repair some of the work done by MD2020 on my watches and found this thread. I was not really surprised to find MD2020 and some of his friends taking such a high-handed position with this member--complete with angry name-calling. In the following thread you can evaluate the trustworthiness of thier positiion here. http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/162239-md2020-who-is-dealing-with-him-im-worried-now/     In this thread, various people, including myself, discuss the saga of MD2020's monumental delays in responding to customers and returning their watches. In my case, he returned my watches after about 6 months--all of the in worse condition than when I sent them to him. One was returned completely disassembled and in a bag. He did this in an angry tantrum after I dared to ask for my watches back after 6 months of patience. I had paid upfront, and to this date, he refuses to even contact me so we can discuss a refund. Some of the people ganging up on this guy actually support MD2020 in the other thread. 

Finn,

You are stirring up trouble.You, who in your own high handed way, claimed that you were against conflict, didn't want to start trouble, etc,etc. Now here you are resurrecting and old dead thread, started by and idiot, that made no sense at all, and using some lame excuse to link to the MD2020 thread. You need to go back off and not keep agitating. If you and Mike have a problem, which obviously you do, you needed to work it out between yourself and Mike, with the mods help if needed. Adding fuel to the fire is not going to help your cause, and if you keep up what you are doing, I'm sure the mods here will be happy to give you a little "time out" to let you decide whether or not you want to be a part of this forum.

Finn, you're a moron.

The OP is a scammer as can be seen by the results of his sale threads.

Of course you couldn't be bothed reading the whole of this thread or the one Sgt linked too about a sale gone bad, as all you want to do is stir up sh@t.

And now you're having a go at RolexMan and others.

Way to go and guarantee you don't have a single friend on this forum.