When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

STORM LE custom PAM prototype is complete

marlin22

Hi everyone,

Some months back I was approached by one of the forum members to build a series of watches for him and some of his friends. After quite a bit of collaboration between all the parties involved we have come to the prototype stage. 

The watch started off as a PAM 375N, I bead blasted the brown PVD/DLC coating off and left it with the bead bast finish. I put in one of my all Asian movements in it with the ETA markings and put on some custom engraving on the case between the lugs with the series name on one side and the XXX/007 on the other. It's the first prototype so some changes will be made to the next watch.

Did notice I screwed up the paperwork it is suppose to say "LIMITED EDITION" not SPECIAL EDITION, my bad easy fix.

Please feel free to comment and let me know your thoughts..

SSE_1_zps6c8393a8.jpg
SSE_28_zps749fbd75.jpg
SSE_26_zps8cd05b38.jpg
SSE_9_zps9c093fd2.jpg
SSE_7_zpse5b30392.jpg
SSE_5_zps6a666d0f.jpg
SSE_8_zps002397bc.jpg
SSE_4_zps7becc729.jpg
SSE_12_zps0f6639de.jpg
SSE_3_zpsf69ff8a1.jpg
SSE_30_zps3e910c2e.jpg
SSE_31_zpsd9a9093f.jpg
SSE_29_zpsc70cc9f8.jpg

The engraving work, still looking into different techniques to use to get the engraving deeper. The engraving turned out to be a great deal harder than I expected it to be specially on a curved suface, but will continue to perfect it.
SSE_16_zpsdf97c100.jpg
SSE_13_zps5d0b81f6.jpg

SSE_33_zps8ec03f34.jpg
SSE_19_zps6c9f8e61.jpg

My all Asian movement, everything you see are Asian parts moded to look gen. If you look closely under the balance wheel you can see the ETA markings I have that engraving perfected.
SSE_17_zps1afe3019.jpg
SSE_18_zps56ea58f8.jpg
SSE_15_zpsb0cbf729.jpg
SSE_14_zpsaca02d68.jpg
SSE_21_zpsf08e6589.jpg

SSE_10_zps0d032378.jpg

Thanks for looking........

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What a special 1950 ! awsome !

What a special 1950 ! awsome !

Omg i love this watch. Is there any possibility to buy one?

Blasting rocks, and Panerai know it,

as his finish been around your yonks, especially (in this context) among antique PAM instruments, is it fair to assert that the reason they don't bead blast watches (but rather achieve dull looks with Tantalium or Titanium) is that they are thinking like a fashion brand rather than a tool brand?

My thinking as a fan is -  Pam should have offered blasted pieces..lemme think...around 2005 !?

MG

Edited by mastergod