When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss ETA 2836 or A2836

8pm

Hi guys,

When they say Swiss ETA 2836, is the mov't coming from Swissland?

Most of the rep watches you buy now have the option of buying A2836 or Swiss 2836?

Is it worth payin extra? Is the difference in quality big?

Thanks in advance..........

A2836s is are new movements. The Swiss ETAs that come in our reps are mostly NOS or old salvished movements. Both need service in principle.... Buy a Swiss sealed ETA movement so you know it is fresh or buy an Asian clone and have it serviced would be my advice.

A2836s is are new movements. The Swiss ETAs that come in our reps are mostly NOS or old salvished movements. Both need service in principle.... Buy a Swiss sealed ETA movement so you know it is fresh or buy an Asian clone and have it serviced would be my advice.

Thanks for the advice. :)

I would say go with the Asain Eta. I just serviced two Omega POs with "swiss Eta" and they ran like crap, amp of 180, dirty worn parts cracked jewels. The swiss movts are most times a mix and match of old, new and asain parts so i would say your not getting a swiss movt like you think. The asain movts are all brand new from there factories and after servicing them they ARE just as good as the swiss movt when it comes to telling time. 

Are you serious? :g: You buy a new watch and they supply you with a used Swiss mov't? :fool: So do you service your watches everytime you buy one? Including the Asia ETA's?

Best to play safe with your money mate and buy the A2836  ;)  at least then you will get what you pay for   :)

If I buy the Asia made ETA and later on decide to swap for the swiss ETA, is it a straight swap? :g:

• 2 weeks later...