When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Great looking build, that's some beater ;) I was just gonna ask about the bracelet but has already been mentioned. How are the bezel teeth of the TC lv versions, that looks pretty damn good, better deeper bezel teeth than the earlier V4 models. Either way looks the business, as good as a modern franken sub can get!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks much, gang.

The back is a Preik; very well done item and a little different for a Rolex. I figure that the bulk of this build was dial/hands and movement; might as well be able to see it all!

By-Tor; the collection is holding steady right at around 10 pieces or so, which is really where I like to keep it. Trying to maintain too many watches can be more than enough to keep my hands full with regards to servicing/overhauls etc. While I try and complete 2 to 3 decent builds per year, I'm finding that taking the kids to Disneyland every 3 months is even more fun  :)

watcher- Thanks, sir, however you have quite the ability as well! Actually, it was one of your threads that really made me consider doing an LV for a Summer watch  :)  I started off with the thought of maybe doing just the maxi dial/hands with an LN bezel, but before long I found myself really appreciating the LV bezel as well. Certainly nice for a change and to add a little color to the collection!

16610 and 16610 LV are pretty amazing. Yours and watcher's pieces are prime examples how ridiculously close to the gen we can get these days.

I've been wearing my franken WM9 for months every day. The biggest single mod is the gen insert. BKLM sent me one for a wedding gift. :)

As common and "unimaginative" the 16610 is, nothing beats the good old steel Sub.

3.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Picked up a nice, gen 93250 clasp on the cheap; paid under $100 as it didn't have the diver's extension. 

9462163886_0f85026111_c.jpg

9462164028_02a079fb46_c.jpg

9462164138_34c0a753cf_c.jpg

As luck would have it, my clasp code is 'CL' (2004), which fits in with the rest of my build. I would have been happy with any clasp date, but this was just icing on the cake!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Ubi,

This is an amazing build. Looks absolutely beautiful!

Im new to these forums and gradually finding my way around the place but this is definitely the first watch i would love to build.

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but do you offer your mod services? I would love to commission you to build me a franken just like this piece.

Is this possible? If so just reply here or PM me.

Thanks for your help!

DK

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...