When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Donor watches with V72 movement?

CptTripps

Hope this helps... Both for V72 and V726

Bovet
Bucherer
Certina 29-052
Certina 29-0531
Certina 29-063
Datora
Enicar
Eterna
Favre Leuba
Gallet
Heuer
Landeron
Le Phare
Longines 330
Marvin
Minerva
Oebra
Orator
Precision
Roamer Stingray
Wakmann
Wittnauer 13W-2
Wyler
Zodiac

It maybe missing 2 or 3 brands, but you have the idea :)

About the "some are better than others". Nope, just a question of finishing. There is at least 3 or 4 finishings, but you have to see the movement to see it. Anyways, it does not impact the time keeping or anything else, so if you don't want to go with some bad aftermarket "Rolex" bridges, etc, it does not matter.

You just have to be careful if you buy a V72 : check if the holes for the clamps are here. If they are not here, stay away from the movement, you will have infinite difficulties to get it fixed into a Daytona case.

If you go for a V726, as far as I know, they all have the correct holes. But you will have difficulties with the hands (if you go with aftermarket hands). But it is better to go on the 6263/5 route cause of the correct BPM.

And don't forget to check if the movement is clean :)

Good luck for hunting

• Like 1

$1,000 seems to be a good going rate for a good used V72 donor watch.  I just gave $1,200 for a Zodiac Sea Chron.  Better brands and better looking watches command a premium over ugly nonames. That one is a little high, even though it is a name brand and good looking, IMHO.

I wish I had bought these all up a few years ago when they were $500-600...

Does that movement have the right holes (mounts?) I'm also bidding on the 726 that's on eBay right now.

Ultimately, in going to end up building two, so this won't be my last rodeo.

Depends on your case.  AFAIK, no standard V72 has the mount holes in the same place as a 727.  The interior of an aftermarket case may be milled to accept a standard V72, tho...

• 2 years later...