When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica Ray Ban sunglasses

martijnp

Yah, I think I would rather spend the couple/few hundred dollars on the real deal from an AD, and not have to worry about the quality of the lens/UV protection.

Here, you can get a great rep, and save yourself several thousands of dollars, but rep sunglasses?? I'll pass. 

• 1 month later...
Guest larryrischers

Ray Ban is no doubt the most popular designer eyewear brand all over the world. The market is now flooded with imitations of branded eyewear, one has to be very careful while buying genuine branded designer sunglasses.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

FYI, Costco sells Ray Bans for very good prices.  I bought a pair of 2140's and 2132's both polarized recently.  They had several models to choose from.  And you get the comfort of the costco return policy if broken....  

Well said DropTop.  I just bought another pair of vintage Revo 840s for $52 online, in the "Wayfarer" style.  Zero scratches and ground glass lenses.  Even better looking than Ray-Bans.  :whistling:

When it comes to safety/survival, always spend the money.  That's the worst possible place to try to save a buck.

• Like 3

I actually have some extremely good replica ray bans coming in soon.

I had a pair of these exactly like the old school wayfarers that Bob Dylan used to wear, but I smashed the lens on the right side when I was being being stupid and they fell off and I stood on them. This showed the had glass lenses, and the seller said they had UV400 protection.

I got one of each style this time, wayfarer, aviator and club master.

They are literally exact, I took them into a Rayban shop and asked if they had this style in stock as  wanted to get my brother a matching pair (old school wayfarer, not the new smaller 'smoothed down' wayfarer 2) and she said they were sold out and were ordering more. These reps had the true metal hinge etc. 

Reading this has me thinking about eye safety still! But as mentioned even cheap $10-$20 sunnies have UV and usually polarisation as well. These reps had green glass lenses. It's easy to check if lenses are polarised, but I guess not UV protection? Unless photo sensitive paper or something?

inside-right-arm-for-rayban-wayfarers.pn

Edited by magicpimp

Well said DropTop. I just bought another pair of vintage Revo 840s for $52 online, in the "Wayfarer" style. Zero scratches and ground glass lenses. Even better looking than Ray-Bans. :whistling:

When it comes to safety/survival, always spend the money. That's the worst possible place to try to save a buck.

Great choice. Revo's are some of my favorite glasses of all time. I have one original pair of 840's left from high school and love them. Bought a couple off eBay but had to replace the lenses with aftermarket as they were to scratched up. They are still good but not as good as the Revo lenses. $52 is a great deal. I paid much more for the scratched up pairs. What is your source?

Sent from my droptop using telepathy

As other posters have said, I can't believe anyone would risk their eyes with rep sunglasses!  I purchased two pairs of Ray Bans tonight from an AD.  One pair retailed for $155 and I got them for $118.  The other pair was $115 and I got them for $89.  There was an online coupon which saved me another $27 and shipping was free. Why would anyone buy rep sunglasses?

Edited by Martyd3
  • Like 1

Great choice. Revo's are some of my favorite glasses of all time. I have one original pair of 840's left from high school and love them. Bought a couple off eBay but had to replace the lenses with aftermarket as they were to scratched up. They are still good but not as good as the Revo lenses. $52 is a great deal. I paid much more for the scratched up pairs. What is your source?

I've never found better lenses than early Revo. I got lucky with the $52 pair, I paid $350 for the pair before that. I might have a purple/red mirrored pair available if you're interested, I'll know by Tuesday.

Try these guys, they're honest and you get the real thing. Make sure you buy the 840 and not the newer Grand Classic: http://www.vintagesunglassesshop.com/search_template_google.html?q=Revo%20840

• Like 1

Well I mainly got them for photoshoots. Which is why I got one of each style, wayfarer, club master, aviator.  I have spent about about 150 GBP on a real pair of sunglasses they weren't a 'name brand' but i think they were pilots glasses. The summer looked sharp and beautiful through them. But I broke them that same summer and cursed spending so much on them.

While in Australia I had a real pair of Oakleys that had interchangeable lenses, different filters! They were great, lost them when I moved house. Then wore cheap $10-$20 pairs (always polarised & UV400) for the last few years, different one each month. I lost/broke them constantly doing this kind of stuff… Yes thats me and my friends, filmed in Aus desert after a rain. A video we did made the dailymail.co.uk! worldwide baby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEnd6NVx74Y

I am very interested if the RayBans I can get are UV protected. I know of one source for the wayfarer style that is polarised. I will be willing to send a pair to the gent with the testing equipment, see if the rest are UV400.

Here's two quick pics of the clubmaster model. As you can see, they're pretty much exact! The hinges have 5 interlacing bits and run inside the full frame/arms like the originals. Heavy, well made and glass lenses.

That being said, if I can real RB's for $89! I would definitely got that way. Here in the UK RayBans go for 100-200 GBP in shops.

g9cFdEe.jpg

zTD3bFc.jpg

Edited by magicpimp

Something of note, I do know you can order replacement lenses direct from Ray Ban. I have a pair of polarized cockpits I bought from an AD about 5 years ago that I still wear. Dropped them one time flat on the lenses and busted one scratched the other pretty bad. Called Ray Ban and ordered a new set of polarized lenses for I think $60 or so. So if the rep frame is built like gen you could buy gen lenses and have a pair of Franken glasses.

My uncle is an opthomologist and always in in either Revo or Rayban. He says even though lenses block UV etc. The quality of the lenses is where the big difference is at Compare looking through a pair of good lenses vs. a pair of polarized UV filter glasses from the likes of Foster Grant, big difference and I would think the Foster grants are of better quality lenses than reps are.

Right now I have the Ray Ban Cockpits, Maui Jim Freight Trains, Gatorz polarized Magnums, Wiley x Saints, and Wiley X Romer ll's. Sunglasses and watches are my 2 vices like a woman's purses and shoes

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I actually have some extremely good replica ray bans coming in soon.

I had a pair of these exactly like the old school wayfarers that Bob Dylan used to wear, but I smashed the lens on the right side when I was being being stupid and they fell off and I stood on them. This showed the had glass lenses, and the seller said they had UV400 protection.

I got one of each style this time, wayfarer, aviator and club master.

They are literally exact, I took them into a Rayban shop and asked if they had this style in stock as  wanted to get my brother a matching pair (old school wayfarer, not the new smaller 'smoothed down' wayfarer 2) and she said they were sold out and were ordering more. These reps had the true metal hinge etc. 

Reading this has me thinking about eye safety still! But as mentioned even cheap $10-$20 sunnies have UV and usually polarisation as well. These reps had green glass lenses. It's easy to check if lenses are polarised, but I guess not UV protection? Unless photo sensitive paper or something?

inside-right-arm-for-rayban-wayfarers.pn

Where did you get these high quality reps?

Replica sunglasses that may let in additional UV.  Yeah, that's just what I need...a larger pupil with more UV going in.  This is NOT the way to go if value long term eye health.  It's just stupid.  Buy the genuine article.

I wear grey framed Persol's with custom brown lenses.  The model # is below.  Very similar to the Wayfarer style.

Persol-PO3051V-9004-Grey.png

Edited by mule play

• 4 months later...

Does everyone in the UK get free Lasik surgery?

I ask because so many people are saying it's dangerous to wear cheap sunglasses because of UV light but if you wear contact lenses, a lot of them block UV light.

So if you wear contacts that block UV light, you can probably get away with wearing cheap sunglasses.

Just something not a single person has mentioned so I was wondering you guys with free healthcare get free Lasik surgery?    It's about 6K here in the states and you have to pay cash.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2016 at 1:22 PM, RickFlorida said:

Does everyone in the UK get free Lasik surgery?

I ask because so many people are saying it's dangerous to wear cheap sunglasses because of UV light but if you wear contact lenses, a lot of them block UV light.

So if you wear contacts that block UV light, you can probably get away with wearing cheap sunglasses.

Just something not a single person has mentioned so I was wondering you guys with free healthcare get free Lasik surgery?    It's about 6K here in the states and you have to pay cash.

http://www.ksat.com/news/expensive-cheap-sunglasses-put-to-uv-test

you'd be surprised

when in doubt next visit to the optician or eye doctor they can measure the actual UV exposure through the lens in less than 2seconds using a table top device

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2016 at 1:53 AM, highoeyazmuhudee said:

http://www.ksat.com/news/expensive-cheap-sunglasses-put-to-uv-test

you'd be surprised

when in doubt next visit to the optician or eye doctor they can measure the actual UV exposure through the lens in less than 2seconds using a table top device

Great link, but I think you missed what I was saying.   If you wear contact lenses, many of them block UV light.   So you can get away with buying cheap sunglasses if you wear contact lenses that block UV light.  You would still get UV light damaging your eyelids, face, and parts of your eye other than your cornea and pupils would still get UV light.... so it's not perfect.... but  the import part of your eye, the cornea and pupils would be blocked by good contact lenses.    

Edited by RickFlorida