When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica Ray Ban sunglasses

martijnp

Hi guys,

I've got genuine Ray Ban matte black sunglasses but in the summer, during the festival season i'm afraid I broke this one. For this reason I bought a replica Ray Ban matte black. Last weekend, when we where with some friends on our boat my glasses felt and somebody stand on it aaaand it's broken in 5 pieces  :drunk:

Luckely for me it was the replica! Now I'm searching for another replica, who's dealing in sunglasses like this? 

Of course if it's a good rep I can make an comparison with the gen and rep :)

Thanks guys and have a good Saturday! 

:cool2:

I agree with Rolexman.

Fake sunglasses WILL block visible spectrum light so your pupils will dilate. But if they aren't blocking UVA/B then your wide open pupils are allowing more damaging rays in than if you weren't wearing shades at all.

Spend the money. Save your eyes. It's worth it.

The last two pairs I bought were vintage ground glass Revos for under $100 per pair. Nothing finer.

It's interesting how we on rep watch forums very often have quite strong opinions on how crappy the quality is on other rep goods.

A lot of watches have been reviewed here that make claims we've proved not to be true. I'm sure other rep goods are the same. If it says UVA/B Protected, how are you going to verify that claim for yourself?

The zipper will break prematurely on a fake TNF Denali fleece, but it won't blind you. UV protection is something where you have to take their word for it. I'm just not ready to do that.

• Like 2

A lot of watches have been reviewed here that make claims we've proved not to be true. I'm sure other rep goods are the same. If it says UVA/B Protected, how are you going to verify that claim for yourself?

Very good point, selling descriptions can not be trusted even from some of our TDs - and not worth risking health for. Guess I personally, as an ex solar cell researcher, could use some of my lab equipment to verify absorption of uv wavelengths - but yes, most don't have such equipment at home... :)

Actually that is only true with the cheap reps now, the top dollar ones have full UV protection.

Ken - do you know if there are tests to verify this?

@ogladio as Mike on a bike pointed out above he saw a news item where they randomly selected sunnies from street sellers and they all tested good.

The point is that UV protection is not an expensive process, here in Australia all sun glasses, by law, must have full UV protection but it is still easy to buy them at around $10.

My point about the expensive replica's is that they guarantee the glasses have 400+ protection, cheaper versions could also have the protection but the sellers wont back the claim.

Ken

I have bought rep Aviators on iOffer.  They cost about $15 a pair.  I usually buy about 4 pairs at a time as I constantly scratch break and lose sunglasses.  I have had them checked for UV protection and they are perfect.  I cant actually tell the difference between rep and gen ones that I have owned.

It does not actually cost more than $15 to make a decent pair of sunglasses.  The rep Ray Bans are way better than the $15 drug store sunglasses most people wear.

I agree with Rolexman.

Fake sunglasses WILL block visible spectrum light so your pupils will dilate. But if they aren't blocking UVA/B then your wide open pupils are allowing more damaging rays in than if you weren't wearing shades at all.

Spend the money. Save your eyes. It's worth it.

The last two pairs I bought were vintage ground glass Revos for under $100 per pair. Nothing finer.

I agree.

I've managed to keep the RB's cost below a buck 20 going vintage...Gatsby Style 8 W1530's  LOVE 'em :)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...