When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6263 Build questions

CptTripps

There is also a cheap chrono hand for black dial, correct for 6263/5, but without pinion here :

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207673/message/1369445030/FS+6263-40+bezel%2C+6263-5+hand%2C+16520+dial%2C+295+crystal+%2816520%29%2C+1601+dial

Also, a skilled watchmaker can repair it with a new pinion, and your problem is solved

• 2 weeks later...

Got the gen sweeper installed. Watch stopped working. Went to bed frustrated.

Woke up determined...re-positioned everything...got it working.

...but I'm 1 second fast on the fly-back.

SO CLOSE!!!

post-53458-137165076101.jpg

I'll take a breather, enjoy the watch, and spend more time on it when I can. Not going to bother today...I'll just get frustrated and break something else.

Maybe I misunderstood the problem?

If the chrono seconds hand is consistently resetting at the same point off its null position, then you just need to r&r the hand again.

But if the hand is resetting at different points, then you may have a loose arm wand (which is common on aftermarket hands, but very rare on gens) & epoxy is the most reliable fix.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't catch a break with this build!

Got the watch back from MD2020, and it was running like a champ. I got caught outside when it started pouring rain. (You all see where this is going, right?

Inside fogged up pretty bad, and I remembered that I never sealed the crystal in place. No problem! I'll just pull the bezel and seal it up.

I got everything PERFECT last night, and when I put the bezel back on, I realized that the Cornet got knocked loose inside the watch! DAMNIT!

Tried my damndest to put it back on properly, and the glue I used (a tiny little drop of) spiderwebbed on me, so now I have a sloppy looking cornet (it's straight though!) on the dial.

I also saw a chip on the paint that I'll need to address pretty quickly. So now I'm STILL without my 6263...that I've been working on for (what seems like) forever.

At some point, I aspire to wear this watch out in public!

Oh, I am...trust me.

On a positive note, I was able to swap the GMT gears from one 1570 to another, so I have both my 1675s up and running now. I also completed my Space Dweller build, and re-lumed 2 sets of hands last night. (Poorly...so I'll be re-doing them, but I'm learning!)

One of these days...

• 9 months later...

Hi guys

last week, I went to Hong Kong due to the Vinexpo Asia Pacific, during my stay, meet at my stand Mr. Terry Fu, the owner of Yuki watch and my friend.

We were talking about case, business and so on, and I asked about 6263 cases, he told me what I already knew, that the cases comes from ONE ONLY maker in Vietnam.

HE said that, Yuki-Phong-Ingod-and DW inclusive buys the same case, but when arrives to the buyers, the case is reshaped by hands ! 

So basically , Phong's fans are spending 1300 usd for the same DW case....very good !!!

I don't know if it is true or not, but Terry is very nice and serious guy, he is an engineers not a scammers as DW, so I trust him.

Moreover, he will send me a 6263 case from same Phong's maker ( Phong not produces just buy in Vietnam ) just to show me that it is true, will post pics asap.

He oleo told me, that now, it's hard to get good case from new stock as China and Vietnam are next to war.

So everyone, get his conclusion

Regards

PS

Terry gave me a Rolex 16610 case set with gorgeous dial included as gift, will post pics asap.