When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6263 Build questions

CptTripps

Phong, has to justify the abusive higher price, so, he reshape the case, and re tap the holes to get gen part, maybe he has Rolex tool.

At the same time, I have old DW batch case for V72 and noter 6239 which accepts gen parts as plexi, tube and crown, why, I don't know.

About the dial, Terry told me that is pretty impossible that DW offers so good dial for very cheap price, but he told me that dials are very good, not from Vietnam , he thought mainland China.

Moreover, he told me that DW offered him to buy around 4000 case as he is fed up about rep business and want stop to deal, so guys, hold on very tight your case as guess that will be very difficult buy again cheap cases. 

Sorry but no way are phong 6263 cases from the same maker as dw's. No chance. There are a number of differences one of which are the thickness of the lugs, dw's are too thin, phong obv can't add material to a case so that's impossible

mate, don't know, don't interested in, but, the maker is the same as Yuki told me...then, think what you want, about the bezel, Phong could rework it adding epoxy paint and cooks in the owen, which is the right process.

About adding material, DW could reshape in other way than phong, don't know.

Carry on buying Phong's stuffs.

Cheers

People buy phong's cases because it fits their needs, if you need a case that takes a rolex mov and is made really well, has gen like bevels and great engravings then phong's is your man. If you are on a budget and want a case that takes an eta mov and you don't care about engravings or wokkyness then yes yuki is your man! I was referring to the meat on the lugs not the bezel but now that you mention it, a phong 6265 bezel is better then a yuki 6265 bezel and it has nothing to do with how it's cooked!

How can this man claim to know where others buy their products from?

I have 2 v72 daytona ....and not have Yuki cases , Yuki cases just for Tudor watches.

The problem isn't the budget, as at the moment I haven't money problems...the problem is that Phong is over priced, that man is crazy and guys enjoys spend money on him.

Ming Quy has also beautiful case which accepts rolex parts...more or less same price and lot of people is happy.

About phong bezel it's not a jewel....also it is in most of the case waste ! too wide and 350 usd, pay double and can get a gen one.

Want you talk about phony's dials?? 

common man! I see you are phong's fan !

Moreover, most of Yuki case are made for gen mov. I guess you don't know it, about yuki engraving honestly I don't know, but, pay 350 usd for engraving....but ok, your respectable opinion as mine.

Bye

I'm sorry I wasn't aware that yuki cases were made for gen movements. I'm not trying to be rude but yes I am a phong fan and I was a Minh fan before he ticked me off. I agree the prices are too high but he has to justify all the extra work he puts in and the quality is better of course. His bezels are too much alone but he is always willing to deal, + a complete case includes his bezel. Anyhow people like me who spend so much money on gen dials, movmt's and other parts are not going to cry about a 1200$ case.

Sorry but no way are phong 6263 cases from the same maker as dw's. No chance. There are a number of differences one of which are the thickness of the lugs, dw's are too thin, phong obv can't add material to a case so that's impossible

I agree.  There are at least 4 different 6263 cases sold by Phong, and at least 3 different variants sold by DW.  It's possible they all come from the same factory in Vietnam, but they are definitely not the same case.  The differences are not due to finishing, but would have to be made at the casting level. 

Take a look at Valty's comparison, for starters.

phong,yuki and DW are all different cases...made from different alloys and their percentages...

if you want to build an all out  franken gen, then the only option is the Phong.It is +/- .2mm within gen spec...

...but then again..what the heck do I know about 6263/5 Daytonas...;)

• 5 years later...

Digging up a WAY old topic, but it's my topic, so I feel I can do this safely!

I'm back to building another 6263, and wishing I had some of the old parts that I let go with the build on this thread. What I'd give for a gen bracelet and sweeper hand right now!

Anyway....off to buy parts all over again! Glad to see you're all still here.

Digging up a WAY old topic, but it's my topic, so I feel I can do this safely!

I'm back to building another 6263, and wishing I had some of the old parts that I let go with the build on this thread. What I'd give for a gen bracelet and sweeper hand right now!

Anyway....off to buy parts all over again! Glad to see you're all still here.

03fae37b47fa576712dd39e3b9d4ec69.jpg

Always nice to see 4 digit tona builds coming to life! Here one of my v726 buids. Parts are still available but prices are constantly going up..keep us posted mate :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1