When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Zeleni Kukuruz banned?

Guest tomas415

Roger that, cc. He asked me to take that pic, and I laughed out loud as I did.

Someone once told me the Greek root for the word "character" means "to scratch."

That has an interesting connotation: two stones in a riverbed will bang against each other and grind away until they're both worn smooth with lots of scratches, and a good fit to each other.

I don't want to go through life untouched by my environment. I wear my scars with pride. I'm sure I've scarred more than a few people.

A scar is a consequence for something you've done. Life is full of consequences, good and bad. It usually hurts when you receive one, and that is a learning experience.

Learning experiences bring knowledge, but wisdom is acquired with scars. Judgement comes with wisdom.

We can undo some of our actions, but we cannot remove our scars, nor can we remove scars from others.

So we set up rules we can agree to, and we try our darnedest to follow them, so fewer people get hurt. And the consequence for breaking those rules is another scar.

In the end it's up to each of us how many scars we're willing to wear.

• Like 3

Lets me see if I can recap 1) He repeatedly didnt follow the rules 2) He was a colorful poster ( I also enjoyed his post) 3) He was known for his passionate convictions, which at times could be unwilling. 4) He was sanctions in the past through warnings and time out. 5) The mods hit their tolerance limit 6) He was bannned 7) Several members knew his actions would eventually get him banned. But was a surprise to him. 8) He was his donation money returned (I personally think that is a very reasonable request, but most forums would return it. But I think the money should be returned ASAP) 9) He may or may not have threaten some sort of action thru a third person - which has non positive benefits 10) His friends have come to his defense and maybe lobbying for him behind the scenes all while doing a sorta "intervention" for him. Did I miss something ? if I didn't the thread could have when something like this ? What happen to Z -He got banned Why ? -You know, Z was just being Z and the mods have had enough. The talked about it and the decided he would probably never going to follow the rules despite how many chances they gave him But, His post was good reading and he loved this place -Yeah, but no one is above the rules. oh ok, But since I have your attention. Can you tell me who has the best sub ? -

• Like 1

"Lets me see if I can recap 1) He repeatedly didnt follow the rules 2) He was a colorful poster ( I also enjoyed his post) 3) He was known for his passionate convictions, which at times could be unyielding. 4) He was sanctions in the past through warnings and time out. 5) The mods hit their tolerance limit 6) He was bannned 7) Several members knew his actions would eventually get him banned. But was a surprise to him. 8) He wants his donation money returned (I personally think that is a very reasonable request, but most forums would (not?) return it. But I think the money should be returned ASAP) 9) He may or may not have threaten some sort of action thru a third person - which has non positive benefits 10) His friends have come to his defense and maybe lobbying for him behind the scenes all while doing a sorta "intervention" for him. Did I miss something ? if I didn't the thread could have went something like this ? What happen to Z -He got banned Why ? -You know, Z was just being Z and the mods have had enough. The talked about it and they decided he would probably never going to follow the rules despite how many chances they gave him, But his post were good reading and he loved this place -Yeah, but no one is above the rules. oh ok, But since I have your attention. Can you tell me who has the best sub ? -"

HartDoc I would say that is a spot on assessment, thanks for lightening the mood.

PS Doc fixed some typos in bold hope that is ok.

panerai153 I am sorry that you are taken back but I still maintain that clearing the air in such a high profile incident is necessary and was done in a proper manner by the staff. Leaving a great many of us wondering is not healthy for the forum and if you took it as an indictment you have misread my intentions. In addition most found Rob 's rants entertaining and you will be hard pressed to find a member he has dealt with over the years not speaking highly of him. I will agree such behavior would not be tolerated on a Gen forum stuffy places that they are and as to other Rep forums you may be right there also. In closing I will remind everyone that the outcome of this is still uncertain and I beseech you to refrain from judgement until resolved. Though "Z" is banned he can read this thread if he so chooses I would hope you realize inciting him right ,wrong or indifferent is not good for the forum at this time.

Mike, It wasn't my intention to indict  anyone who posted both pro Z or against. I was just trying to make a point that the mods here do have a pretty thankless job at times. I'm sure none of the mods wanted to ban Z, but obviously from what came out after the air was cleared, he had reached the point where they felt the only recourse was a ban. Not only should folks show constraint and good judgment on gen forums Stuffy that they may be, but here to as well.  I don't know Z, never had any dealings with him, so I'm completely neutral AFA passing judgment. I will say however just as  I said before in my previous post, I don't think that an open forum that anyone with access to the internet can access, is the place for the sort of language that Z posted in every post. I'm no prude, I can curse with the best of anyone, in several languages, learned most of it from the guys who worked on our farm when I was just a kid. I realize however that there is a time and place for that, and I don't think this forum is the place. Having said that, I doubt that the language was what got Z in trouble. I'm sure over time all of this will be resolved and then soon forgotten. If however he actually does post his "manifesto" on other forums, he will not be soon forgotten, and not in a good way. 

I hope that he finds a place where he is comfortable and I wish him well in that endeavor.

Just looked at the folks reading this thread, looked like several "Guests", so obviously this is drawing some attention outside our members!! 

rrari1 You have made your opinion known fairly well in your prior posts in this thread I asked politely for restraint till this was resolved, now here is my opinion: personally I think guys who post here for a year and do not contribute by paying membership to the board are freeloaders on my dime and efforts. You want to dance try me he is not here to defend himself. :pimp:

paneria153 Fair enough just wanted to clarify my position in the matter.

rrari1 You have made your opinion known fairly well in your prior posts in this thread I asked politely for restraint till this was resolved, now here is my opinion: personally I think guys who post here for a year and do not contribute by paying membership to the board are freeloaders on my dime and efforts. You want to dance try me he is not here to defend himself. :pimp:

paneria153 Fair enough just wanted to clarify my position in the matter.

Happy to leave Mike.

personally I think guys who post here for a year and do not contribute by paying membership to the board are freeloaders on my dime and efforts. You want to dance try me. :pimp:

That will get more members fer sure!

• Like 1

Kbh I take exception to people spouting derogatory statements about anyone let alone in the present situation about a person who is unable to defend himself  and has been a generous donator to the forum with a payed membership. Well five years and a postmaster I would venture that you lost your payed membership when paypal went down. In my experience after a  couple of months or so those who are going to join do others just hang out on a free ride, I am sure you are not one of those. :pimp:

Just wanted to pop in on this.

Robbie has been on the boards and here for a long time and has a lot of friends, including many on the admin team.

If you have been on RWG for a time you will have seen the good and bad sides of Robbi.  Yes he is a generous  but he has stirred up some shit in his day here and has been given some time outs and has even left on his own over an issue for an extended period.  He has exceeded his nine lives! As a board and as an admin team, we have to apply the rules evenly.  After multiple warnings he continued to show a level of disrespect for the team and rules that left us no other recourse.

It is a terrible loss any time that a contributing member gets banned. We all benefit from contributors. On the other hand, no one needs the grief that hotheads generate, as said by panerai153, it is ZK that will get hurt the most.

Maybe a cool refreshment and an afternoon off will allow a rethinking of retaliation.

+1M. It's only watches after all.

:)

Kbh I take exception to people spouting derogatory statements about anyone let alone in the present situation about a person who is unable to defend himself  and has been a generous donator to the forum with a payed membership. Well five years and a postmaster I would venture that you lost your payed membership when paypal went down. In my experience after a  couple of months or so those who are going to join do others just hang out on a free ride, I am sure you are not one of those. :pimp:

Mike, I'm a paid member on 3 other boards and was previously a Moderator on one of them. I've paid my dues and put in my time and effort to try and make all the rep forums a better place. There's a good reason, in fact several good reasons why I never joined this board as a paid member. Attitudes like yours being one of them. There's a LOT of good information that can be garnered from this board, unfortunately most of it's not available to non paying members, so I'm getting exactly what I paid for and I'm happy with that. I try to be helpful and add meaningful contributions when I can. I wasn't going to get involved in this conversation at all since it really doesn't concern me until I read your condescending statements about membership.

those who are going to join do others just hang out on a free ride

None of these forums would exist without all the members, not just the paid subscribers. I could write another two paragraphs of my reasons but this thread isn't the place.

• Like 1