When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3rd QC pics with same issue...what do i do now?

xsxces

i bought a Tag Calibre 16 from Josh and posted the QC pics. then discovered, with some help, that the 6 hr mark is a bit crooked and the rest of the hour markers are uneven with their spacing from the edge (right side markers have more space and the left side markers are right on the edge).

so i mentioned this to josh who said he'll correct. he sent 2nd set of QC pics which i told him has the same problem and now the 3rd set of pics....same thing! pics below.

so my question is whether i just need to accept the watch or what do i do here? i understand that being too aggressive to TD's is not good and i should be patient but then do i just accept the watch as it is?

what is the norm or protocol here for something like this?

pics comparisons below.  3 sets of qc pics sorted by angle.

please understand i'm not trying to make this difficult but just trying to figure out what the protocol is. i do understand that this is a rep and am not looking for the perfect watch like gens but i thought that the looks should be good.  this was a "not-lite" version as the price was $260.

post-54909-0-17814900-1370749264_thumb.j

post-54909-0-84939900-1370749264_thumb.j

post-54909-0-58180000-1370749265_thumb.j

post-54909-0-20534700-1370749273_thumb.j

post-54909-0-96148000-1370749273_thumb.j

post-54909-0-62567200-1370749274_thumb.j

post-54909-0-50186000-1370749286_thumb.j

post-54909-0-10032900-1370749287_thumb.j

post-54909-0-64776400-1370749287_thumb.j

If you bear in mind that the pics are huge on the screen so on the wrist it's not going to be as easy to spot I guess it's up to you, can you live with the imperfections on it? If you can all good and if not choose another piece instead, it's your watch but if it will put you off from wearing it there's no point getting it is there  ;)

Its very small remember, and what you are seeing is indeed close up photos, and when you get the watch you will think to yourself what all the fuss was about as it will not be noticed at all whilst wearing it.  HOWEVER, it you suffer OCD as I do, then you could always do as I and learn how to fix these issues yourself with the help on these very forums.  Its all part of the fun of our shared hobby imo.

• Like 1

$260 for that, I would bite his arm off for that! That's a great looking watch at a great price.

If you want better than that go grab a gen for a few thousand.

Or, grab that and try and get a gen dial, job done :)

Don't beat yourself up over markers that are few hundredth's of a mm out.

• Like 1

Dont worry about oiling and servicing until the watch either loses or gains unacceptable amounts of time or it stops working.

Before setting the date, adjust the time to 6:30 and then set the date and once the date is set adjust to the correct time....simple :)

Also, do not press the chrono reset button if the chrono is running. Start, stop, reset in that order.

Enjoy, it's a cracking watch ;)

• Like 1

Dont worry about oiling and servicing until the watch either loses or gains unacceptable amounts of time or it stops working.

Before setting the date, adjust the time to 6:30 and then set the date and once the date is set adjust to the correct time....simple :)

Also, do not press the chrono reset button if the chrono is running. Start, stop, reset in that order.

Enjoy, it's a cracking watch ;)

thanks for the advice, ceejay.

and i'll have to remember the 6:30 rule. is there a reason for having to do it this way? i was told not to set the date between 8pm and 3am.

this is so hard....haha