When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hey guys would like your help!

mariano86

Hey guys I have a question I'm looking to buy a gen with a price point of no more then 10k ( engagement gift from her to me ) I have a few reps a Pam daylight and a Rolex mil-gauss. She is leaning with a sub but I'm not 100 % If you would pleas chime in this soul be great we can have a lil pros and cons action going on lol thanks

When thinking about a gen a few important factors to consider are:

1. Custom in house movement

2. Precious metal

3. No available rep and prefereably there never will be (often becuase of movement)

4. Value retention

and finally and most important of all.....get the one you just absolutely love!

This question gets asked here all the time "Which watch should I buy" Impossible question, because, first we don't have a clue as to what you like,, how you dress is this going to be a watch you wear every day with everything from Shorts, jeans or a suit and tie, or will it be a "sport" watch only or a dress watch only, and what does your bride to be think about a particular watch? See Only you can answer these questions.

If  I were a first time buyer of a mid luxury brand watch, I would first off spend some time in  good watch merchants, like Tourneau for instance, I'm not recommending them, just that they have a pretty big selection to look at and try on. Then I would buy something that resonates with you. If this is going to be a gift from your fiancé, it's not going to be a watch that you can flip if you don't like it !! Might have to get rid of the fiancé first if the watch turns out to be a  bummer. :lock: Look at a bunch, try them on, envision what it will look like and how appropriate it will be with khaki and a Polo or a dark suit, white shirt and tie. And last of all it has got to be something that you like, because you are probably going to be wearing it for a loooong ,looong time (hopefully), and trust me, if it's stuck back in the bottom of your watch box or sock drawer, she is going to notice, and before long, you're going to hear this whispered in your ear "Sweetheart, why don't you ever wear that beautiful watch I bought for you, I thought you loved it". Translation, "You better dig that damn watch out of the sock drawer big boy and start wearing it, after I shelled out my hard earned 10K, or all those little sexual fantasies of yours will resort back to just that, fantasies" :nonono:

• Like 1

mariano listen to panerai153 's sage advice  :notworthy:  , he has most likely been married a long time like me ! :rolleyes:

Yep, a long time. And some of the things that  I learned, and most the hard way are, if you think you won the battle, no, you just won the first skirmish of the next one. Women never forget, especially your screw-ups. My wife will ask me, remember what you said to me about buying me those pearls, back when we were in Hawaii? Hell, that was ten years ago, I can't remember what  I said ten minutes ago, Well if you make a promise, no matter how vague, you better write it down, lest you forget because she's going to remember! And lastly, that wasn't any joke about   those sexual fantasies, once she has that ring, and those I Do's are all said and done, she will swiftly make you realize how little power you really have, and how much she really does. So buy a really nice watch that you  like and wear it often.