When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

James Gandolfini dead R.I.P

devilseam

Just heard the news that James Gandolfini aka Tony Soprano, has died aged 51 from a heart attack.

I was such a huge fan of his work, not only for the Sopranos but for his film career which includes 2 of my favorite films of all time, The Mexican and True Romance. 

R.I.P

I am big fan of James. He was Kobold ambassador http://www.koboldwatch.com/en . Love Sopranos. I can watch "Pine Barrens" episode over and over again.

..Now we will never know what happened in the last episode.

RIP

Yep, It certainly puts the rumours of a Sopranos Movie to sleep. Gutted.

51 is too young to die. RIP James Gandolfini

Wholeheartedly agree, far too young indeed. Disconcerting to say the least as I had not read that he had any underlying condition. RIP

Shocked to hear this. Way too young to go. What a great character actor, the sopranos performance was epic.

I am big fan of James. He was Kobold ambassador http://www.koboldwatch.com/en . Love Sopranos. I can watch "Pine Barrens" episode over and over again.

..Now we will never know what happened in the last episode.

RIP

Pine Barrens :) love that episode....one of the finest pieces of TV we are ever likely to see!

http://youtu.be/zsxthFO-HWs

Shocked to hear this. Way too young to go. What a great character actor, the sopranos performance was epic.

Pine Barrens :) love that episode....one of the finest pieces of TV we are ever likely to see!

Absolute Classic... RIP what a shame... his daughter was only a few months old.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Pine Barrens :) love that episode....one of the finest pieces of TV we are ever likely to see!

http://youtu.be/zsxthFO-HWs

I [censored] in my pants first time i saw that episode. hahahahah 16 Tjeckoslovakians....

When I see these youtube parts, I'm thinking about watching the whole serie again.. :g:

One of the best series!

Are there any other "mafia" series you guys recommend?

Dont think there are any good full on mafia dramas other than The Sopranos, however there are a couple of good underworld type series around that are pretty good, 'Underbelly' is based around the Melbourne gangland wars and 'Love/Hate' is set in Dublin and centre's around a gang of drug dealers.

I also recommend Sopranos fans seek out 'Lilyhammer' starting Steven Van Zandt AKA Silvio.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Dont think there are any good full on mafia dramas other than The Sopranos, however there are a couple of good underworld type series around that are pretty good, 'Underbelly' is based around the Melbourne gangland wars and 'Love/Hate' is set in Dublin and centre's around a gang of drug dealers.

I also recommend Sopranos fans seek out 'Lilyhammer' starting Steven Van Zandt AKA Silvio.

Love/Hate is realy good, also underbelly is very good!!!

Im with D, i also recomand this [censored] :D

Not 'mafia' related per se, but definitely drug and gang culture related with brilliant characters 'The Wire' is a fantastic series to watch, really epic in the amount of detail it covers also. Also Breaking Bad is really good too.

I'm also tempted to rewatch the sopranos again sometime soon, it's amazing thinking back on it how brilliant the Sopranos was at its best, when the top writers were involved, it also dipped in parts when they left the writing to others but picked up again rapidly when they re involved themselves. Some really classic episodes like Pine Barrens above, ...Meadow going to check out colleges and Tony spots the guy in the witness protection program. The Big Pussy Bompenseiro death on the boat. Adriannas murder, Furio getting worried. Steve Busemi final ep, Really great tension in all and many more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Boardwalk Empire is quite good..Different times though (1930s). You got Al Capone, Lucky Luciano..

I've seen that serie, it's very good!

I can't find "The Wire" Season 1 in 720p or 1080p (yes I'm searching for torrents  :pimp: )

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still bummed about his passing.  As former military and current firefighter, I loved watching Sopranos from the standpoint of leadership instruction.  Notwithstanding the illegality of their actions, Tony Soprano the character employed many mechanisms of good leadership.  Gandolfini the actor portrayed that character with such precision.  R.I.P. 

And "The Wire" and "Boardwalk Empire" my favorites as well. 

• 1 year later...

Bringing back some life to this one. I saw the movie "The Drop" last night and wanted to say what a fantastic performance by Gandolfini, really great. On another note, did you know he was a Rolex guy? He also had his Submariner stolen right after his death. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/james-gandolfinis-rolex-watch-stolen-2138307