When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some serious problems with my custom 1675 :(

docthor

Just arrived yesterday and I had been aware that the bezel doesn't move cause the modder told me before.
I didn't care since I have some experience in "getting tight things to move again" ;)

So I removed the bezel (at least I thought I do...) and this happened :(

img_0530o8sgk.jpg

Too bad and I didn't expect that to be happen...:(

It seems like the retaining ring and the bezel are somehow "grown together"...one cannot separate them from each other without causing to damage one or both (at least I can't)...

img_0531q5sk5.jpg
img_0532p6stu.jpg

Did anyone of you had the same or almost equal problems with his custom build 1675?
Parts used:
Cartel 1655 case
Clarks bezel assembly
gen T116 crystal

I tried to reassemble it but can't manage to get the retaining all its way down...there is a gap of about 0,5mm now :(

img_0533nksgs.jpg

I guess the watch isn't waterproof now...at least I shouldn't try :(

To sad since this was the watch I was drooling most for :cry2:

:)

I am in contact with the modder...the bezel and the retaining ring aren't glued together...or...not on purpose at least...maybe they are accidentally...it looks like there is some glue on the crystal that probably wasn't hardened when he installed the retaining ring and the bezel  :g: 

Unfortunately for me the modder is leaving for vacation today so I have to wait till he's back and being patient isn't one of my strengths ;)

I did build this 1675. The problem with the bezel not miving is the very cheap shitty material the bezel assembly is made of. It is soft like butter. So the moment you press it over the crystal it disforms. So bad that the bezel has to much friction after you install it.

The glue i used was only between crystal and case, UV glue to be precise. I did this to ensure water resistance. I cured it with a special UV lamp.

I guess due to the high friction of the bezel on the retaining ring it came off all at once.

It is an easy fix though. Specially if you have the right tools.

To get that bezel turning won't be that easy. It is the last time that I have used the clark assembly. Next time I will try the WSO one.

This is unbelievable. I solved this problem yesterday. I was about ready to hit my 1675 with a hammer. I even bought a second bezel assembly from Gary, thinking that I had damaged the first one. The short story is...on Gary's bezel assembly the washer's I.D. is about one half mm to small to fit over the rim of the retaining ring. You can't see it unless you put on a loop. You can press it on with a press...sometimes, but it will not turn. You cannot turn it with a channel lock. I went back and found the first assembly that I bought from Gary and voila...same problem. That washer would not fit over the ring either.

I rooted around in my box and found the original bezel assembly that came on the Trevor watch and the washer fit the Clark retaining ring perfectly. The bezel snapped on and I am so happy.

th_100_3508_zps10b0f177.jpg

Edited by preacher62

I managed to disassemble the retaining ring and the bezel and installed it without the washer...nothing changed...the bezel still isn't moving.

So I can say at least for my assembly it wasn't the washer...would have been to easy to fix :(

does the bezel turn on the retaining ring when not mounted onto the case?  I have the same problem before and I got it right by trying different bezel assembly. the thing is that these bezel assemblies are just not all the same.