When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question about Rolex Sea Dweller Rep

baadsha88

while browsing the TT website, i came across these two rolex DSSD reps:

ROLSD017 - http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=6579

ROLSD029 - http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=10333

017 was released in 2010, but costs more than the newer version 029. 029 claims to have improved the bezel by making it pitch black instead of the greyish bezels of the early reps. one interesting thing i noticed while looking through the QC pics was the shape of the triangle around the pearl:

ROLSD017 - 2010

MWFL7.jpg

ROLSD029

2QWKIAG.jpg

which one is the better rep in your opinion? any others you would recommend?

edit: AR doesn't seem to be very good on ROLSD029

Edited by baadsha88

I have the 029B, and it is a very nice watch, but the only thing that i think is not so great is the bad alignment of the text on the ring lock. I have the same aligment of the words 'ring lock system', (2nd photo) on a Noob version (like BK) it is much better done.

I have the BK one and love it.  It is worthwhile getting a DSSD waterproofed by a modder, as they are usually not waterproof at the HEV.  It is also worth while re glueing the pearl on them, as they seem to pop out easily.  A quick search will give you some info on this problem.  I used a two part epoxy glue to re glue mine, best not to use superglue.

The genuine DSSD has no AR coating on it, so I would not worry about that.  

I have the 029B, and it is a very nice watch, but the only thing that i think is not so great is the bad alignment of the text on the ring lock. I have the same aligment of the words 'ring lock system', (2nd photo) on a Noob version (like BK) it is much better done.

can you please post a pic of the bad alignment of the text? thanks

can you please post a pic of the bad alignment of the text? thanks

Sorry, i can't post a pic because i am on holiday right now, and i don't have the DSSD with me. But it doesn't look that bad on you're DSSD, i am just picky, and after a while it doesn't bothered me anymore. It is still a great watch.