When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SD PreV dial interest

steph_dexter

082 is ready in oem swiss standard and quality, pics will follow,

036 is in production in swiss standard oem, with original 036 surface paint and with genuine original tritium resin varnish which was used in all T-Dials.

201a in beginning phase  etc..

at the moment starts the swiss basel world trade fair, 

regards

rolli

Good news Rolli. Interesting that due to lack of any OP update, this thread is now becoming more focused on Rollis project:) I'd love to build both 082 and 036 but I am afraid it is almost impossible...there are no accurate cases for 082 (sans DNS but it is of low quality...) and 036 has a movement that can not be obtained or build off any existing models, so sadly it won't be something I am interested in. 201a will be on my list for sure...

Edited by korneevy

in my 036 i have a genuine original unitas not eta unitas, original unitas new made of NOS parts, same like the pre vendomes but without any engraving, only brushed plates.

but since 2 years i have genuine swiss unitas back bridges in brass without any engraving direct from eta, 3 movt sets bridges.

one time i will start the little word panerai laser engraving project with this bridges and it also gets the rhodium coating, 

and then i will buy more of the bridges sets from reta.

then the gen swiss movements get the correct bridges.  this project is then for sale, or my watchsmith makes the installation on the gen swiss eta unitas.

rolli

Good news Rolli. Interesting that due to lack of any OP update, this thread is now becoming more focused on Rollis project:) I'd love to build both 082 and 036 but I am afraid it is almost impossible...there are no accurate cases for 082 (sans DNS but it is of low quality...) and 036 has a movement that can not be obtained or build off any existing models, so sadly it won't be something I am interested in. 201a will be on my list for sure...

I thought both the 036 and 082 were provided with calibre OP II movements. Aren't these Swiss Unitas with engraved bridges? It would be awesome to have a set of engraved bridges but you would only see them with the back off. For now the bridges would be wrong but there should be bunches of these.

I may build one of these two but I'm with you Korneevy, can't wait for Rollie to roll out the 201a!

I thought both the 036 and 082 were provided with calibre OP II movements. Aren't these Swiss Unitas with engraved bridges? It would be awesome to have a set of engraved bridges but you would only see them with the back off. For now the bridges would be wrong but there should be bunches of these.

I may build one of these two but I'm with you Korneevy, can't wait for Rollie to roll out the 201a!

Pam 036 has a transparent case back , and unless you get the bridges it will be fairly obvious fake. I don't see the point of spending serious cash on Rolli dial and then have something as obvious as wrong movement. 082 is solid caseback, but the case was only done by DSN ( not sure if he still makes them through) and was quite a so-so quality, with poor engravings so also a no-go if you want to have a top quality project. So 201a it is;)

Pam 036 has a transparent case back , and unless you get the bridges it will be fairly obvious fake. I don't see the point of spending serious cash on Rolli dial and then have something as obvious as wrong movement. 082 is solid caseback, but the case was only done by DSN ( not sure if he still makes them through) and was quite a so-so quality, with poor engravings so also a no-go if you want to have a top quality project. So 201a it is;)

I'm guessing there are members (marlin) willing to do some engraving on H Factory Ti cases. This would also be a great opportunity for Gordon to add a new engraving service.

matching means the hands have the same patina on the tritium like the indices on the dial.

tritium is coloreless and was mixed with color pigment poweder C3, also the hands,

but the hands couldn't get the resin varnish for the mix, the hands tritium got a standard matt vernish for a also a better hold in the cut-out of the hands.

the dial indices got the tritium with a tritium resin varnish uv 820 (  same like i get ) the resin varnish is not uv resistant, and after the filling of each marker or nimeral,

the slightly domed resin varnish had to be stoped the shrunk effect on the dial indices by usoing an uv desk lamp and stoped the shrink and consistence and visicosity effect,

that the indices kept its dome shape.

the patina came mostly throught resin varnish and got the coor yellowed over the time more and more up to slightly orange,

the hands kept the C3 color, maybe a litlle bit little bit yellow or ovory,

so..

the differences in color, dial yellowed, hands whitish cream C3 =  non matched.

it was alo a assumption that the old chief dino zei or one of the design engineer made the decision that the nonmatched effect between hands and dial was intended.

and some hands got a varnish which was also not uv resitant, and this also not sesistant, and changed also the color and got patina.

and so they called = matched.

rolli

The last posting from StephDexter is 3 months ago.

I guess I'm glad I walked away from this earlier on.

The 203a dial that you have there looks really good grimlocktime.

Ogladio, I'm a bit surprised that the lume work there on your 202a "passed the muster" as we say. It looks lacking unfortunately.

And whoever the poster who made the photo with the snow, beautiful color and pictures. Is it just me or are there air bubbles in your resin fill?

I had very high hopes for this creation but I'm glad that Rolli is on the case for a 201 sometime this year. I will try to get invigorated to gather good quality parts for a 201A build someday.

Ogladio, I'm a bit surprised that the lume work there on your 202a "passed the muster" as we say. It looks lacking unfortunately.

To be honest, I was also surprised. Especially as dials were earlier stopped for QC issues, but guess stress of irritated PMs and draining of funds made him open the control gates... Those mega fat font indices on my 202a doesn't look good at all unfortunately. A strip and redo could make the dial acceptable - let's see what I'll do (yes, also awaiting rolli)...

I always find it a shame when ambitious and talented guys like Steph takes on something (in the best interest of the forum) that proves to be too much to chew. SD - if you're reading this I'd still like to say thanks: all these dials didn't turn out as great as you wanted (high variation) but you did try to make a difference! Appreciate that.

rolli's 201a and 202a  comes direct after the 036 and faster  as thought.

for 1:1 oem swis standard and quality you have to use a oem dial maker with the top computer controlled digital machines also for print.

it regulae the print pressure too and the cliche is depending from the perfect accurate vector graphic.

i self studied and used a training course for vector graphic. i studied adobe illustrator and i am perfect to work with it.

but i use a graphic designer with a profession experience of more than 20 years.

i studied it to control all details, including the print details and materials etc etc.

only berlac AG paint from the pint group 043 baking varnishes with the right viscosity for lettering print makes a perfect print.

on the vector graphic must be a little trick to get the right print cliche, that the final print is inthe perfect final letter line thickness.

informations from the pad print machine factory would be very important and from a pad machine printer with master certificate 

are the informations more than helpful. but it must be a printer for high end oem dials .

to study different fields can be never wrong.

greetings

rolli

The 203a dial that you have there looks really good grimlocktime.

And whoever the poster who made the photo with the snow, beautiful color and pictures. Is it just me or are there air bubbles in your resin fill?

I had very high hopes for this creation but I'm glad that Rolli is on the case for a 201 sometime this year. I will try to get invigorated to gather good quality parts for a 201A build someday.

Ok Rolli, I will play. First, incredible likeness I'm still not sure which is truly which. But im basing my guess on something I see. I will not say what that is until others have had the chance to weigh in also.

I think the gen is the dial on the left.

Edited by hugop

Rolli it looks like no one wants to weigh in. I will since it's been all day with no takers...

I think the one on the left is the gen due to the damage along the bottom left and top right sides of the dial where it would be in contact with the case. It also has some aging where the base of the dial is bleeding through in different places all over. It would be very obvious under the crystal. This could also be why a gen dial would be pulled and replaced. It may be the only affordable way Rolli was able to source one for comparison. The one on the right has no surface imperfections and looks like a new gen spec Rolli dial.

I am no expert but that's my bet.

hahaa..

you have eagle eyes.

yes on the left it is the gen one.  the sapphire was burst in thousend pieces and damaged the gen dial which is on the left.

so i could buy it, and the dial maker saw in this moment, oooohhh this will be a difficult process.

midnight blue with vertical brushing lines in the right deepness and sharpness will be a hard challenge.

and after three galvanic series for trash he got it.

this galvanic process is totally different to all other galvanic processes and colors.

this midnight blue change to fast the color to black with rainbow effects, so how long was the best diving time before it change the color

and as result deep midnight blue. it was only possible with many chrome salts ( it's a deposit process )more than normal.

but the dialmaker made a perfect job.

in a ti case it is an eye catcher and for sure a daily beater.

here additional pics before lume filling.

7 dials are complete ready.

all the best

rolli

post-2837-0-00172000-1396423358_thumb.jp  post-2837-0-19551800-1396423366_thumb.jp

post-2837-0-01539100-1396423375_thumb.jp  post-2837-0-68057300-1396423383_thumb.jp

post-2837-0-02336800-1396423395_thumb.jp  post-2837-0-22619800-1396423405_thumb.jp

post-2837-0-55981500-1396423413_thumb.jp  post-2837-0-22442200-1396423423_thumb.jp

Rolli it looks like no one wants to weigh in. I will since it's been all day with no takers...

I think the one on the left is the gen due to the damage along the bottom left and top right sides of the dial where it would be in contact with the case. It also has some aging where the base of the dial is bleeding through in different places all over. It would be very obvious under the crystal. This could also be why a gen dial would be pulled and replaced. It may be the only affordable way Rolli was able to source one for comparison. The one on the right has no surface imperfections and looks like a new gen spec Rolli dial.

I am no expert but that's my bet.

Stunning work Rolli!

Beautiful!

By the way, my Franken 10A is complete and your 002A dial stands up to the gen dial in every way.

D44AE9F6-F42F-46EF-BC55-0B4EDF69AC80-403

Grim, I don't normally say this to a guy but...Nice pair!

I thought that 002 dial was in a drawer until I got a chance to come pick it up.

Sure would look good in this Avitt case!

20140402_165102-1_zps2e6d9d06.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Excuse me while I drool on your Avitt. Ya know, that DSN might be worth getting lumed. Those indices would look a helluva lot better filled up. I bet that would make a pretty good Pre-A Edited by Grimlocktime