When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SD PreV dial interest

steph_dexter

Back to the original thread for a moment.

I received this 202a dial in the post this weekend from SD. These are very nicely printed and striking to look at in a DLC'd case. Thank you Stephen, this is a fun dial to wear!

20140406_212342_zps012ed633.jpg

20140406_212418_zps3265c447.jpg

20140407_160504-1_zps9cdb0cc2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by hugop

here you see how slim have to be the lettering print.

on your dial it looks too fat.  pre vendome dials have a slim letter line thickness also.

that's why the vector graphic designer has to control it and to draw it, then the cliche brings a toleance and the pad print pressure brings a tolerance

and all tolerances makes the letter line thicker and you have a fat lettering on the dial.

it's not as easy as you think.

regards

rolli

post-2837-0-28186800-1397034877_thumb.jp  post-2837-0-64133100-1397034885_thumb.jp

I agree Rolli, the printer did SD no favors on his project. FGD and Southy had provided a great effort with their dials and the pad printing was far superior to these. SD's was on track to be of really good quality as well, too bad.

Your new dial has incredible detail in the reproduction. Looking forward to the final product with lume installed.

the 082 dials are ready for sale.

rolli

I agree Rolli, the printer did SD no favors on his project. FGD and Southy had provided a great effort with their dials and the pad printing was far superior to these. SD's was on track to be of really good quality as well, too bad.
Your new dial has incredible detail in the reproduction. Looking forward to the final product with lume installed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

082 ready, 036 almost ready , next week they get the final lettering print,

a thread will follow.

201 + 202 dial production starts on  25. august. vector graphics is since 1 month completely ready.

and  i will start parallel also the preA series.

all the best

rolli

on monday will start te pre vendome production,

so no pictures yet.

the first thread with a lot of pictures will be the oem swiss 036 together with the oem swiss 082

with all detail pics.

all the best

rolli

Rolli is Back!!!  Very excited to hear from you.  Time to sell some parts so I can have pockets full of money for your great dials.  Please tease us with some Pre-V dial pictures! 

• 2 weeks later...

yes.

when i have the 036 ready and in my hand i will start an own thread here with 036 + ß82 together,

the 201 + 202 in production and when they are completely ready then also the 201 + 202 topic.

also the vector is ready for the brown 055, and maybe it could start short dated.

regards

rolli

• 4 weeks later...