When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your thoughts on this 1675 dial?

jerkstore

I have a "Tritium service dial" that the seller claimed was genuine, and guaranteed that it was never refinished/relumed. Based on what I saw, I believed it to be a genuine Mk5 1675 dial.

Do you agree?  Here are a few pics:

C8208B33-F704-4954-B3B0-7F85069B3236-291

AAFB148C-738F-4872-97AA-62DA6C559A39-291

0A959196-AAD4-4ED7-8B6E-254BA24FF672-291

B9F40FB6-024E-40C1-95D4-BBC3C3F242FD-291

4637C477-8EC5-4D02-97FA-D0FAE24648E4-291

I checked with the usual suspects (at least what they post online currently): Yuki and Ingod appear to rep Mk4's; their coronets are completely different than mine.  NDT's is the closest to the pics I posted above, although the text on NDT's is quite different, and so is the sample dial's back.  Phong's website wouldn't let me zoom into the one dial he carries that might be close.

My dial appears similar to this one, although my lume is in a little better shape.  It also resembles the Mk5 example at this RWG post.  

What are your thoughts?  Are there any tests I can conduct to check and make sure it's actually tritium lumed?  Or anything else I can use to verify its authenticity?

If it is in fact authentic and tritium lumed, where does that place it value-wise with respect to service dials that use luminova/superluminova?

Thanks for your help, and apologies for the noobish questions.  Happy 4th!

there you go questions answered. Very nice dial, and it probably is a NOS service dial as stated. AFA value, not so sure, probably what you paid for it is a fair price, compared to luminova service dial, i feel like for the 1675 purist, the service tritium is a much more desirable dial. Consider this , if you are changing out the dials on your 1675, and you chose to use a luminova dial, you will need to change the hands as well., or at the leasr get them relumed to match the dial. Not the case if you are replacing with a tritium dial.