When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

More vintage datewheel overlays. Silver flat 3's

polexpete

Thanks for the update Jackflash. The printer told me that there maybe a slight discrepancy in the numbers due to the printing technique but only a slight margin of error . If you are unhappy with yours or anyone else for that matter i am happy to send you another to try at no cost

Please let me know

P.

Thanks Peter, great offer. I've already ordered another one from you so let's see how that goes first. Your printer must be pulling his hair out with these micro tolerances.

Haha! yeah you wouldn't believe how many times we re-did the sample but thankfully he's a very patient and understanding guy.

cheers

P.

Date wheels are landing now, thanks for your patience guys,  China Post are still in the Cultural Revolution.

Anyone who hasn't received there package by the end of this week please let me know. If any go AWOL or are damaged  i will send replacements for no cost

Cheers

P.

• Like 1

Great job Jackflash and thanks for posting a pic. Yeah would be to see some more photos posted. 

A tip is that if you don't like the shiny surface or the brushed look, because of the indented numbers you can rub it smooth with 1200 grit sandpaper and spray over with clear flat varnish. The numbers will not be damaged and may be easier to read.

Any questions just ask ..

Here's one on my 1675. I had no alinement problems but its gone to Pbad now for a service so will post more photos when it gets back ..

post-3074-0-51380200-1378994659_thumb.jp

Cheers

P.

This was what I thought would be a 1 hour job...

AFter some difficulties with getting the DW to clear the dial I finally got it donw (although I'll probably have to go back and redo it sometime in the future b/c the changeover isn't super crisp right now)

Anyways it looks splendid compared to that granulated looking silver one that it came with.

For all you guys here remember to remove the other DWO first (doh!)

Mine's all back together and although not perfect because of my installation the brushed finish is quite beautiful.

I bought a second one to put in the watchbox in case some day I have the urge for another build.

Thanks for putting this together Pete.

DSC09781.JPG

DSC09776.JPG

DSC09790.JPG

Sorry my photos are *the fail* at capturing that brushed look.

This was what I thought would be a 1 hour job...

AFter some difficulties with getting the DW to clear the dial I finally got it donw (although I'll probably have to go back and redo it sometime in the future b/c the changeover isn't super crisp right now)

Anyways it looks splendid compared to that granulated looking silver one that it came with.

For all you guys here remember to remove the other DWO first (doh!)

Mine's all back together and although not perfect because of my installation the brushed finish is quite beautiful.

I bought a second one to put in the watchbox in case some day I have the urge for another build.

Thanks for putting this together Pete.

Wow ! looks great, thanks for posting. A tip when installing is to take the old numbers and paint off of the original date wheel. This will give you a few microns more if clearance so date will move freely

Cheers

P.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...