When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

eta 7753 + gen dial into a navitimer tricompax 7750 rep ?

db1

Thanks for the info MD !

I was thinking about the quick set date on the 7753 and realized I won't need it as on the gen there is no quickdate as well :)

I was a bit concerned about fitting the 7753 into the rep case but I've read somewhere on rwg about someone who did that with a gen dial

Do you know if anyone else did such mod on a navi rep?

This mod is so expensive though

Thanks!

Db1

• 1 month later...
Guest Daytona1984

i planed a project like this... as far as i know it will work as long as you use a gen dial. otherwise you will have an issue with outcut of the datewindow... the pusher position should be the same on the 7753/7750...

good luck :-)

Its funny that even the gen doesnt have a QD setter...you have to do an involved method to change the date without just going through the cycles...

But if you after a Sunken mod with the gen dial then there are several options.... 3 that I am aware of... :)

Or just go with the Valjoux 7754 :) if you wnat gen

Thanks for the feedback everybody!

I'm after a gen dial + eta 7753 mod.

I've already have a gen dial for it.

I know the 7753 is hard to source and quite expensive so I'm waiting on the fence for a deal.

How about a gen crown ? Is it worth considering?

Does any of the forum friends can do such mod ? (Gen dial and 7753 into a rep navi)

Thanks,

Db1

@pete-

I thought that the gen dial on the a7750 tricompax movement would not work cause of an issue with the date window being slightly bigger on the gen dial ?

Sorry mate I am not following what you mean.... do you mean the date wheel?.... I am only referring to the sunken detail...DW may well need to be replaced with an ETA etc model dependant..etc

• 2 weeks later...

the date window on the gen dial will not line up with the A7753. If you want to use a gen dial you gotta use a gen 7753 and vice-versa

i built a couple of Navi s using eta 7753 and gen dials. Biggest problem is the winding stem doesnt line up in the rep case. it can be fixed. do a search i posted a few threads on this topic

cheers

p.

the date window on the gen dial will not line up with the A7753. If you want to use a gen dial you gotta use a gen 7753 and vice-versa

i built a couple of Navi s using eta 7753 and gen dials. Biggest problem is the winding stem doesnt line up in the rep case. it can be fixed. do a search i posted a few threads on this topic

cheers

p.

I think the biggest issue at the moment is the search..especially going thorugh guys content...

Its been a bit hit and miss of late.... I thought it was just a blip...but if I do say a search on my content...hardly any of it is there especially recent stuff...its the same on main search and other guys search contents...

So OP might need to wait till the search is back up and running right... or maybe try and take the pages back to around the date he needs and to a do a manual search if it happens to him too...

:)

Thank you all for the replies !

Yes PeteM, I will need an ETA 7753 + Datewheel for the gen dial to work.

polexpete - so do you mean that the rep case need to be heavily modded (e.g drilled, glued, etc..) to fit the eta 7753 movement ?

I'll keep on searching on the forums - I've also found importr thread about his 7753 navitimer (sweet post)

I've also picked up a gen navitimer (vintage) sliderule which i wonder if I could swap as well (I am not sure if it's the correct one for my rep model)

BTW:

I am not sure, but I think my navi rep version is v2 ?

(since it has the automatic movment and correct case back, but on the other hand - the sub-dials does have the piepan shape like on v1 - so how can I tell ?)

I will try to PM importr as well.

WIll keep you guys posted ! if anyone has a tip or info i'd appreciate it so much!

Thanks,

Db1