When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Poll: Is your CrPO bezel fading?

hazey

Is your CrPO bezel fading?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Is you CrPO bezel fading?

• Yes it is fading :(
    • No it is not fading :)
  2. 2. I purchased my watch from

I thought it would be a good idea to get a poll going on this. I have contacted my dealer Andrew@ Perfect Clones and he is in denial about this issue claiming he has sold over 200pc with no complaints. Hopefully if we get enough votes I can forward this to him.

Edited by hazey

I thought it would be a good idea to get a poll going on this. I have contacted my dealer Andrew@ Perfect Clones and he is in denial about this issue claiming he has sold over 200pc with no complaints. Hopefully if we get enough votes I can forward this to him.

Thanks for starting this. Hopefully we get enough coverage to make them aware. Mine was shipped with an issue on the bezel so I'm set to receive a replacement one from Josh @ Perfect Clones.  It has slowly started to fade. Kinda disappointed because the bezel was the only disappointment.

Also, did you mean Josh not Andrew?

Yes I meant Josh. This is the reply I got from him

If you guys go and intentional rub it .. Even the genuine will fade ..

You may have list a few compliants .. But I have sold more than 1000 ..
Maker has sold close to 5000 .. Is this alarming ?

In anycase I did reflect the problem to the maker earlier on ..

When this thread populates I shall forward to him. 

Mine hasn't started fading yet however I've only had it a couple of months and in that time I haven't worn it continuously so it possibly hasn't seen enough wear for any fading to be noticeable. Will keep a close eye on it and update my post accordingly.

Hah, I have a genuine and it will not damage from rubbing! Rep on the other hand will too easily. Mine is 1 month old and no problems but need to be careful with it.

Inser printings are way too thin, base color can be seen through them so anyway it is badly done. Waiting for noob update...

I have a genuine watch, sorry for misleading :) I think gen bezel/insert is not available.

Thanks for the update Sunny.  I read somewhere that some used a matte clearcoat on the bezel to  protect it and it actually get it a more "gen-like" appearance. I think I'll try this out primarily because I've got the latest version on order. 

Should have waited for the noob update but /impatient

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mine faded very badly with the use of a dry microfiber lens cloth on a smudge. I have a replacement insert coming from Andrew and would like to put a clearcoat on the new one but do not know what the best product can be. I tried a matte enamel on the faded one to test and it desolved the the print so I wiped it clean. Any sugestions for the best product to top coat this bezel with?

I have a received a replacement insert and would like to protect it with some finish too BUT I like the way the ceramic reacts to water as it changes colour and also like how you can rub scratches out. This will no doubt be lost with a clear coat of some sort. 

Mine faded very badly with the use of a dry microfiber lens cloth on a smudge. I have a replacement insert coming from Andrew and would like to put a clearcoat on the new one but do not know what the best product can be. I tried a matte enamel on the faded one to test and it desolved the the print so I wiped it clean. Any sugestions for the best product to top coat this bezel with?

I would like to know this as well.

The fading is what keeps me away from buying the watch.

I posted on another forum with details of my replacement of the bezel and using the exact same matte finish.

It's been a while since I updated my findings - but in summary - the matte finish eventually starts to wear off :-(

I'm still looking for a better replacement of the bezel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk HD

• 1 month later...
Guest machineboy

My CrPO 42 had issues. Bezel started fading after two days and the rotor was stuck to the caseback. Got mine from Perfect Clones, hoping that Joshua can send me some parts so that I can get it working properly.

Crazy fading, these do seem to be fading in general use for some people, rather than specific abrasive rubbing the numbers off. Not good, no sign of any attempt at correcting this from BP either, other than dealers sending out a new insert with same issue!

But hey at least on the cpo the the dial numbers and logos are all dead straight! :D