When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Diver v4.. Could it be out?!

folex

looks good to me. But still no super-rep :D

Yes! We might as well wait for the V5 before pulling the trigger. We have all the time in the world.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we have waited this long why get impatient now. :)  I must confess I am totoally confused as to what is what. I take it Noob 4.1 is the updated Angus Toro 3.5 and the Chanel 4.0 is the one with the better date font. ANy guesses who will make version 5?

Both will chanel 5.0 and noob 5.1 obviously and lets not forget the BP4.9

I'm posting the New V4 for sale (catch and release) if any one is interested in getting first dibs excellent lume bezel alignment is spot on. selling for retail what i paid. EU preferably uk I'd even swap for a V3.5 or V4.1 in decent condition 

can you see my QC pics above, do they confirm your assessment on the V4?

Well I mentioned earlier in this topic I received my V4 today from Toro today.

Anyway, as first impressions go I was impressed. I managed to get Toro to hand pick this one for me, felt solid, lume was excellent, bezel alignment was spot on strap and buckle were also nice! Now here's the BUT! The hour hand was a dead giveaway, the date font wasn't very good either, if you crossed your eyes and looked at it then maybe it would be acceptable. There were no "tails" on any of the date numbers (which is a must) didnt have that crisp finish like gen or even Noob. Credit to Noob, as he has managed to tackle both these issues from as early as V3 (which i also owned). The AR on cyclops seemed non existent, put it this way. If I was told it wasn't AR treated I wouldn't be surprised. Subsequently I sold my V4 and have now purchased the V4.1 awaiting QC from Toro.

Well I mentioned earlier in this topic I received my V4 today from Toro today.

Anyway, as first impressions go I was impressed. I managed to get Toro to hand pick this one for me, felt solid, lume was excellent, bezel alignment was spot on strap and buckle were also nice! Now here's the BUT! The hour hand was a dead giveaway, the date font wasn't very good either, if you crossed your eyes and looked at it then maybe it would be acceptable. There were no "tails" on any of the date numbers (which is a must) didnt have that crisp finish like gen or even Noob. Credit to Noob, as he has managed to tackle both these issues from as early as V3 (which i also owned). The AR on cyclops seemed non existent, put it this way. If I was told it wasn't AR treated I wouldn't be surprised. Subsequently I sold my V4 and have now purchased the V4.1 awaiting QC from Toro.

So it is not good at all this V4 it seems. What a shame. I need to take a look at this hour hand, how could that be messed up?

here is two different V4 i was offered...seems hour hand differs?

First V4 with poor lume application (at higer mag)

photo5.jpg

Second V4 inferior U in PIGUET (at higer mag)

photo2.jpg

So it is not good at all this V4 it seems. What a shame. I need to take a look at this hour hand, how could that be messed up?

here is two different V4 i was offered...seems hour hand differs?

First V4 with poor lume application (at higer mag)

photo5.jpg

Second V4 inferior U in PIGUET (at higer mag)

photo2.jpg

(I like that Pam-esk case protector BTW)

The main issue with the hour hand is the spacing of the lume the "polished bars" that separate the lume into three sections within the hour hand should be thinner, Noob has had it right from the jump. 

Once you notice it (after looking at a gen) it will bug you! trust me! 

Below is a QC pic i received today from toro which shows the (almost) correct thickness within the hr hand. BUT!  Is it just me or does the "3" not look as good as V3 and V3.5 :( I will most certainly be requesting a date wheel to change at a later stage. I actually rejected this version as the bezel alignment is off. 

post-51069-0-60518200-1375966174_thumb.j

(I like that Pam-esk case protector BTW)

The main issue with the hour hand is the spacing of the lume the "polished bars" that separate the lume into three sections within the hour hand should be thinner, Noob has had it right from the jump. 

Once you notice it (after looking at a gen) it will bug you! trust me! 

Below is a QC pic i received today from toro which shows the (almost) correct thickness within the hr hand. BUT!  Is it just me or does the "3" not look as good as V3 and V3.5 :( I will most certainly be requesting a date wheel to change at a later stage. I actually rejected this version as the bezel alignment is off. 

attachicon.gif照片 1.JPG

great input, and yes the date is not well coied on the 4.1 it seems...maybe font is dependent on the movement selected?

what you say about this V4? other than the hour hand

image41.jpegimage5.jpegimage2.jpegimage4.jpeg

V4 details

i65.jpg

i7.jpg

i66.jpg

lugs/connectors go into the case...is this a trademark of the V4?

great input, and yes the date is not well coied on the 4.1 it seems...maybe font is dependent on the movement selected?

what you say about this V4? other than the hour hand

image41.jpegimage5.jpegimage2.jpegimage4.jpeg

V4 details

i65.jpg

i7.jpg

i66.jpg

lugs/connectors go into the case...is this a trademark of the V4?

It looks good! Bezel markers look aligned (I think V4 maker has been very consistent with this, arguably better than Noobs). In regards to the lug connectors its a tricky one, that all depends on how you're holding the watch, when the watch is on wrist, they should be raised out of the case I didn't notice that on my V4 as an issue to be honest. 

I think in hand you wont be disappointed with it. You really have to give credit where due to this maker considering this is their first version of the watch.

My approved QC V4.1

Although their is a mark on the 4 marker urgh!! The bezel alignment is fantastic, lume application is acceptable and best of all the bezel screws actually looked slightly recessed. The fabric at the 1 o clock bezel screw has been removed. I'm lightly dubious about the hr hand considering its a noob version but hey. A rep is a rep 

post-51069-0-89613500-1375994216_thumb.j

post-51069-0-63893300-1375994225_thumb.j

post-51069-0-40607600-1375994237_thumb.j

It looks good! Bezel markers look aligned (I think V4 maker has been very consistent with this, arguably better than Noobs). In regards to the lug connectors its a tricky one, that all depends on how you're holding the watch, when the watch is on wrist, they should be raised out of the case I didn't notice that on my V4 as an issue to be honest. 

I think in hand you wont be disappointed with it. You really have to give credit where due to this maker considering this is their first version of the watch.

My approved QC V4.1

Although their is a mark on the 4 marker urgh!! The bezel alignment is fantastic, lume application is acceptable and best of all the bezel screws actually looked slightly recessed. The fabric at the 1 o clock bezel screw has been removed. I'm lightly dubious about the hr hand considering its a noob version but hey. A rep is a rep 

Yes your V4.1 bezel screws look quite good and similarly repressed. Lets see if i ever get my V4, sead is as slow as molasses in responding.

That looks great Gran, must get you to do my QC if I pick one up :)

...I think all these 4.1s look pretty good, some are saying minimal improvements over 3.5, but that is if compared to an absolute top notch 3.5. Obviously many have a poor memory, as this was an example of some of the shiite that was on offer for a few months at the start of the year, 4.1 is a huge upgrade imo:

9lewbn.jpg

Yes your V4.1 bezel screws look quite good and similarly repressed. Lets see if i ever get my V4, sead is as slow as molasses in responding.

Hahaha! I can most certainly agree with that!

I'd honestly try Toro, I literally have back an forth email convos with him even with the massive time difference, he's very on the ball. Offers an almost "personal" service I've made 3 purchases off him in the space of two weeks. His shipping time is also very good 3 days from china which is pretty much unheard of. I've used Sead as he sometimes he has stock in the UK which is super useful for me (as I live in the UK) but as you mentioned the responses aren't the most rapid, but I guess thats the game! 

That looks great Gran, must get you to do my QC if I pick one up :)

...I think all these 4.1s look pretty good, some are saying minimal improvements over 3.5, but that is if compared to an absolute top notch 3.5. Obviously many have a poor memory, as this was an example of some of the shiite that was on offer for a few months at the start of the year, 4.1 is a huge upgrade imo:

9lewbn.jpg

Bezel lume disaster... ;)  but that date font aint bad

Hahaha! I can most certainly agree with that!

I'd honestly try Toro, I literally have back an forth email convos with him even with the massive time difference, he's very on the ball. Offers an almost "personal" service I've made 3 purchases off him in the space of two weeks. His shipping time is also very good 3 days from china which is pretty much unheard of. I've used Sead as he sometimes he has stock in the UK which is super useful for me (as I live in the UK) but as you mentioned the responses aren't the most rapid, but I guess thats the game! 

Toro sounds better :snorkel: