When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seeking Some 104 Franken Advice

jbg44

Hi Guys,

I am fairly new to the forum, but ya'll have inspired me to build a franken PAM 104.  I've started with an H-factory 1:1 104 rep with the A7750 movement.  So far, I've purchased:

- gen alligator strap

- gen deployment buckle

- gen dial

So, I have two questions I was hoping someone might be so kind to help me with:

1) Who should I use state-side to help me with service and assembly?

2) Should I put in a Swiss ETA 7750 movement?  And if so, do I go with the 17 or 25 jewels?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Thanks for the MD2020 recommendation.  So, after a short web search, it looks like I can score a new ETA 7750 with 25 jewels for $450, and a 17 jewel for $370.  Any advice on which one I should go with?

Nikeyzips is great as well as MD2020 i hear but so far NZ has always done top notch work. As for the swiss eta 7750......Its fine to do and all but if you just have your asian 7750 cleaned and serviced it will run like a champ for ever. The pam104 has no chrono function so they will not ever mess up on you. Its your call but if you search the post why the asian 7750 is a great mvmnt if cleaned oiled and serviced first you will see my point. as far as the watchsmith....Both options im sure will do a top notch job. Wan

Guest idraw

I am with Wan, get the Asian service and save yourself a couple of bucks.  With just a seconds hand at 9 there isn't much stress on the movement to warrant a Swiss.

Thanks for the MD2020 recommendation.  So, after a short web search, it looks like I can score a new ETA 7750 with 25 jewels for $450, and a 17 jewel for $370.  Any advice on which one I should go with?

If you're going to assemble it with MD2020, then you should ask him =) Also, try to source for a gen crystal ;)