When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I made a watch band that is the best of both worlds.

Powell21

Well it was pretty hot up here today in New England so I found myself with not much to do, other than change the band on my 5512 hybrid, the oyster has been too heavy of late. Tried some NATO straps but was not feeling it, tried a leather band that also was not right either. later in the day I was going to give up and put the oyster back on, until I went shopping with my wife and picked up a timex band for $6, it is more of a Zulu band than a NATO figured I'd give it a whirl. It too was a let down, not aesthetically but functionally. You see I like the ease of the deployment of the oyster band but the lite weight of a NATO.

So I took apart an old leather deployment band for the buckle and used the timex band to create this.

post-40012-137420346993.jpg

post-40012-13742034831.jpg

post-40012-137420349693.jpg

post-40012-137420351066.jpg

Tell me what y'all think.

I actually have a couple of Timex watches with straps. Nice conversions you've made here, Powell. 

The combo of strap and deployment buckle would actually dress up my cheap Timex watches and "sportify" my reps.

So, I'm not a big fan of the color combo, but that's an easy fix. Plus, I doubt that was your focus of your post. 

Good job!

Your New England Neighbor (in CT)

Flash