When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My beloved has arrived (Marlin 111)

markiemark

OMG! I just picked up my modded 111 from Marlin at the post office!

I simply love it. Usually when a watch comes in I just like it a lot and I will end up selling it after a couple months. But this baby is a definite keeper!

After coming home I took off the rep strap and put on a gen strap. That turned it into a even more beauty!

I think I feel comfortable wearing this in front of gen owners or in any AD. Ofcourse I will not wear it in an AD, Im just trying to explain how happy I am with her good looks.

I was too excited so I only took a quick wristie in the back-yard in front of my plants as I just watered them wearing my beloved one.

More pics will be done this weekend!

Thank you Marlin! Thank you Asian rep goddess Faki Watshi! 

598388_10151533570586451_208279863_n.jpg

More pics as promised:

post-46462-0-71141400-1374392488_thumb.j
post-46462-0-18372500-1374392490_thumb.j
post-46462-0-61310100-1374392491_thumb.j
post-46462-0-93593900-1374392492_thumb.j
post-46462-0-94666200-1374392493_thumb.j
post-46462-0-69209000-1374392494_thumb.j
post-46462-0-97965300-1374392495_thumb.j
post-46462-0-82864600-1374392496_thumb.j

Mods done:
Y-Incabloc
Polished ratchet wheel bevel
Polished crown wheel bevel
Brushed and gold plated gear train
Long micrometric screw
Reshaped swan-neck
ETA markings on the main plate
Polished and flattened canon pinion
And of course, cleaned, oiled & regulated
  • Like 2

wow wow thats exactly what I needed right now, congrats mate.. I have been sending msg to Marlin regarding to order one of those bad boys (PAM 111) but it seems like he's busy and still hasnt reply me yet. Do you guys have any ideas how to contact him?? much appreciate

wow wow thats exactly what I needed right now, congrats mate.. I have been sending msg to Marlin regarding to order one of those bad boys (PAM 111) but it seems like he's busy and still hasnt reply me yet. Do you guys have any ideas how to contact him?? much appreciate

Very Nice ! now im really looking forward to my watches from Marlin .. have a few coming from him in the next few weeks  ..He has a few pics of my 3646 up here somewhere his work is unreal !  :)   makes it hard for me to spend 6k on a gen anymore lol .. 

Hi tommylynn,

You are a little to new to the forum and had no posts when you PMed me. I've had a couple of PMs from brand new members with zero posts to their names, I only work with members who have an established history on the forums and have at least 20 posts under their belt. This gives the member a little time to do their homework and research before they go off and buy their first watch.  I hope you understand....

For those who are interested, check out his section here: http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/forumdisplay.php/marlins-watch-garage-368.html

Hey M,

Thanks for the PR it is greatly appreciated, enjoy your watch and wear it in good health....

BTW great pictures for a cheap compact ;-)

Very Nice ! now im really looking forward to my watches from Marlin .. have a few coming from him in the next few weeks  ..He has a few pics of my 3646 up here somewhere his work is unreal !   :)   makes it hard for me to spend 6k on a gen anymore lol .. 

Hey C,

A little tease for you, here is your dial for the 6154

clet6154_1_zps4fb93b31.jpg

Hi tommylynn,

You are a little to new to the forum and had no posts when you PMed me. I've had a couple of PMs from brand new members with zero posts to their names, I only work with members who have an established history on the forums and have at least 20 posts under their belt. This gives the member a little time to do their homework and research before they go off and buy their first watch.  I hope you understand....

Hey M,

Thanks for the PR it is greatly appreciated, enjoy your watch and wear it in good health....

BTW great pictures for a cheap compact ;-)

Hey C,

A little tease for you, here is your dial for the 6154

clet6154_1_zps4fb93b31.jpg

Hi Marlin,

Yes I do understand what you mean and Thanks. Im quite new here, I know, I am a member also in RWI and I have already purchased PAM390 from Toro as my first rep. This got me PAM disease and now Im learning about PAM by reading all forum posts every day whenever Im free period :p. And now I have decided PAM111 is what I would purchase next. As Panerai will stop making these, this make me want more of this PAM. So if you could give me an information, will be much appreciated. Thanks heaps again for your concerned. :)

who is marlin? does he has a link or email? thx, btw the watch looks amazing

Marlin is a member here who creates extremely work-intensive PAM replicas. Micro-machining, plating in precious metals .. etc .. etc. A true watch maker .. not just a modder.

Marlin is not his full user name. I forget the rest of it.

Wow, still can't stop looking at that radium burn cream dial above... Great work marlin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, look closer, look at 4:47 and see if you can see the hand burn on the dial, That's what happens to a dial when the hands haven't moved in a long time.

Ok now I'm really on edge lol I think I'm going to need my 3646 sent just to settle myself down .. That dial for my 6154 looks fantastic !!

You truly are a master watchmaker and artist ! I'm blown away by the work put into my 3646 and by the looks of it my 6154 will be just as nice !

Ohh my the way I have another moly 3602 movement I can send your way if you need more parts movements.

Markie it's truly an amazing watch ! I've decided it's pointless to but gens now lol I have a few gens ill keep but these watches and the detail joe puts into them is truly amazing.

Actually have a gen 112 that I'm giving to my old

Man as a gift and keeping my marlin built 112 when it arrives ;)

• 2 weeks later...