When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Heavy Wieght YM Champ?

Noel Fleischer

I'm sad to say that someone (a worker?) stole 4 good Rolex reps; including 3 BK special builds.

Among them was my favorite BK/WM9 YM in excellent condition. I was thinking of replacing it. In todays world, which would be the best,

BK's Sean YM with Gen ETA or the TC FD YM with TC clone??

I have a BK YM recently purchased from him. Not sure of the source but this watch is spot on. I also swapped out the "stock" clasp and installed a Daytona clasp and wow. Adds great look and field. This is a mod the gen guys do and I can see why.

got any pictures of this mod? I'd like to see it.

Thanks,

Dave...

got any pictures of this mod? I'd like to see it.

Thanks,

Dave...

I'll see if I can find some old pics. I send it off for superlume.

I'm not sure which way to go. The BK does have Gen ETA,  but TC clone is said to be very good.

I guess dial and finish are about the same, or is one better?

So I think they are very close in look and feel. The only thing that TC has over the BK is the superlume dial. I just sent my YM for superlume. The stock dial had a very poor lume. Other then that I like the BK dial over the TC. But I'm biased having bought BKs, lol. It was my first rep so I didn't do much shopping around and compare the two.

I do know that buying from TC can be challenging for forum members with no sales feedback. He requires different methods. Other then that both guys are fantastic with taking care of you.