When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner Noob or BP Factory?

aa007210

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really into these new shiny sapphire crystal ceramic Rolex's, but I went and ordered a BP from Sead the other day. We'll see how it looks when it arrives. I've been holding off for one with proper AR on the cyclops. I'll swap on a Noob factory clasp if I have to but I'm sure the BP will be fine after a few adjustments and some massaging. I shall report back with my findings.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I received my BP sub today via Sead. Overall impression is pretty good. Not bad for $155 watch. Dial is nice and date wheel is very centered. The "AR cyclops" is pretty lame though. It's got a bit of a blue tint to it but definitely no black hole effect like the gen. It doesn't really do much of anything at all. I was expecting a lot more and I would have gladly paid extra to have it correct. It's a huge feature on these new ceramic Rolexs that they are failing to replicate. Don't let anyone tell you it's the correct AR because it's not even close to the genuine crystal. The case and bezel are nice and the crown is ok. The bracket is pretty good and my only complaint about the clasp is that the glued/soldered on rolex cornet is WAY off center on the flip lock. That seems to be a weak point in a lot of rolex reps. Not sure why they have so much trouble centering the crown on the clasp. Mine is way off and I'll probably have to replace the clasp because it's too far off center to live with. I'll see if I can find a noob clasp somewhere. I've seen some guys puttin gen crystals into these watches. Does anyone know if a gen crystal will fit into the BP factory rep?

I can pull the cyclops off and AR the crystal properly as rolex does at the factory. The crystal itself needs to be done top and bottom under the cyclops as well as the he bottom of the cyclops itself. That's how you get that black hole effect.

• 3 months later...

because i know what a gen crystal looks like.i can help u get a gen crystal from my friend in london.i get the cheapest gen crystal on the internet i think,well that's what im told anyway.pm me if u like.i don't want millions of pms from every one because ive already had too many people asking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. So can't post a new topic.

The topic is related to this one, so I hope you can help.

A lot of updates and revisions from the manufacturers noob factory and BP factory since the last post here.

I want to pull the trigger on TS Deepsea blue dial http://www.tswatchltd.com/15787-ro15787-rolex-116660-deep-sea-blue-ss-super-lumed-1-1.html

But Christina told me they only have the BP version, not the noob. Can any kind soul advise which version is closer to the gen? I have no intention to mod. I just need closest first impression when people see my atch, as I won't pawn it, neither will I let someone scrutinize the watch in detail. So, the closest look on surface is good enough.

I know the issues with cyclops, so Deepsea is a good solution, since I prefer to have date. A no date sub isn't that convenient,

I'm looking forward for your feedback.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. So can't post a new topic.

The topic is related to this one, so I hope you can help.

A lot of updates and revisions from the manufacturers noob factory and BP factory since the last post here.

I want to pull the trigger on TS Deepsea blue dial http://www.tswatchltd.com/15787-ro15787-rolex-116660-deep-sea-blue-ss-super-lumed-1-1.html

But Christina told me they only have the BP version, not the noob. Can any kind soul advise which version is closer to the gen? I have no intention to mod. I just need closest first impression when people see my atch, as I won't pawn it, neither will I let someone scrutinize the watch in detail. So, the closest look on surface is good enough.

I know the issues with cyclops, so Deepsea is a good solution, since I prefer to have date. A no date sub isn't that convenient,

I'm looking forward for your feedback.

Thanks!

Only BP makes these at the moment and they are damn good. No worries. There are some reviews around. Use the search to find them.

Mark.

Also, if you want all that you can get a BK Sub....or TC... they are pretty much 1:1 as someone who has a gen LV hulk to compare against.

Your question is the best sub right? ;) This question is epic for new members and also a little bit ignorant. If you want what you described then better go gen. But if you can luve with an amazing rep with flaws ownly 1% or less would see when they hold their watch in the hand then read on and inform yourself more. Rightnow the bp 116610 and the noob v2 are excellent. The noob v2 has an amazing pearl, super bracelet and better finish overall. Bp sub has deeper and more gen feeling and indices on dial are better. Both are amazing reps but you have to decide which one you want to choose! ;)

Also, if you want all that you can get a BK Sub....or TC... they are pretty much 1:1 as someone who has a gen LV hulk to compare against.

Hi 508-fanatic, I saw BK and TC in this forum but don't know where to find them. Can you recommend some TDs? Thank you