When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Here's My 372

omgiv

Everyone is showing their new 372's off and I just wanted to be a part of the crowd. Here is my 372 I ordered from Andrew :).

null_zps23aea9a2.jpg

Now that the shock has worn off, I should start by saying that there was nothing wrong with the watch. I took it completely apart because I wanted to fix a few things with the cg and also wanted to check out the movement. My concern was that they disabled the running seconds like they did on my 390 (snipping the off long pivot).

I found a few interesting things that I thought others would also find interesting. The first was the thickness of the dial. The dial is extremely thick, which allowed the fourth wheel pivot to be left long. There is a small cutout on the back of the dial for the long pivot.

null_zpsde59114d.jpg

Because the dial is so thick, they had to add a cap onto the canon pinion. It is a very interesting solution.

null_zps097bdc74.jpg

null_zpse84dc373.jpg

Because there is a cap on the canon pinion, the hour hand had to have a long tube. Haven't really seen one quite this long before. This allows the hour hand to fit over the cap and grab onto the canon pinion.

null_zpse8325d9a.jpg

The last thing I noticed on my watch was that there was a ton of adhesive on the faux plates. It looks like they used double sided tape or dial strips to hold them on. There was no way my plates were coming off without a lot of help.

Now it's time to get her back together. Thanks for reading!!!!

• Like 1

Love the "exploded" pic!

So glad to read you know what you're doing!

If I took mine apart - I'd end up with extra bits & pieces all over the place.

As a thought, would you (RWG-members) swap out the movement for a SWISS 6497 & just have the plates glued on that?....

Just had a thought.....hmmmm ULTIMATE 372 here we come - LOL. :clap2:

(This hobby'll be the end of me! LOL)

Thanks for the comments gents.  The only things that I did not take off were the bezel and crystal.  The things that I did take off were well built and seemed to fit properly.  It feels very solid on the wrist.  I think that it is a good price for what you are getting.

Finally had time to get it back together again.  I decided to leave the faux plates off for now since the movement looks pretty nice.  There are a few scratches on the CDG from removing the adhesive, but I think it gives it character.  A lot of people are bashing the PT version for having blue screws but this one had blue screws for the pallet for bridge.  I went ahead and polished those to match the rest.  Another interesting note is the screw heads are slightly longer so as to stick out the right height with the faux plates.  Go figure.....  Thanks for looking!!!!

IMG_1672_zpsfe95ca47.jpg

IMG_1671_zpsfc797ac1.jpg

IMG_1673_zps1162a277.jpg

IMG_1676_zps97a0277a.jpg

Everyone is showing their new 372's off and I just wanted to be a part of the crowd. Here is my 372 I ordered from Andrew :).

null_zps23aea9a2.jpg

Now that the shock has worn off, I should start by saying that there was nothing wrong with the watch. I took it completely apart because I wanted to fix a few things with the cg and also wanted to check out the movement. My concern was that they disabled the running seconds like they did on my 390 (snipping the off long pivot).

I found a few interesting things that I thought others would also find interesting. The first was the thickness of the dial. The dial is extremely thick, which allowed the fourth wheel pivot to be left long. There is a small cutout on the back of the dial for the long pivot.

null_zpsde59114d.jpg

Because the dial is so thick, they had to add a cap onto the canon pinion. It is a very interesting solution.

null_zps097bdc74.jpg

null_zpse84dc373.jpg

Because there is a cap on the canon pinion, the hour hand had to have a long tube. Haven't really seen one quite this long before. This allows the hour hand to fit over the cap and grab onto the canon pinion.

null_zpse8325d9a.jpg

The last thing I noticed on my watch was that there was a ton of adhesive on the faux plates. It looks like they used double sided tape or dial strips to hold them on. There was no way my plates were coming off without a lot of help.

Now it's time to get her back together. Thanks for reading!!!!

The plates had to come off in order to get to the movement tabs, is that correct?