When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Impulse buy - new bike :)

fraggle42

I went and saw this bike a couple of weeks ago, and eventually got around to booking a test ride on it on Saturday.

ducati_959_1.jpg

God it's fun :)

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S touring, 2011, 150bhp, V twin, electronic suspension, ABS, traction control, and boy does it go like stink.

I'm actually part ex-ing a faster bike, 2006 ZX10R (180bhp) which I've had for 5 years but have never been totally comfortable with. Never been able to put my finger on it, but just doesn't feel "good" to me, I think because I'm very tall and I sit "on" it rather than "in" it - I've used max revs + max throttle on only a handful of times on the 10R.

This thing, whilst being just as fast, throttle wide open within 2 minutes of the test ride, love it :)

So the £11700 cost may curtail my purchase of reps for a few months... never mind, can't take it with you when you die.

It's funny how these bikes have their own personalities......each drive different......look what I ended with just this year alone:

post-4000-0-99425700-1375043230_thumb.jp

Just started riding after 30 years of proscratinating.....and I guess just being scared! Had a bad crash in the mid-80's!

Now into it big time!

Edited by HikeUSA
  • Like 1

I almost died in 2001 and have a knackered left wrist and an artificial knee, took 4 years to get my leg to heal.

Absolutely loved biking before that, but haven't found the right bike since. The 10R is great fun but with my knackered wrist I can ride it much, got a Tenere XT660Z which is a good bike but only 60bhp or so. Great for pootling along but lacks power for making progress, I.e. nipping past traffic.

Also got a KTM 400 EXC which I've bought back to a half decent state but there ain't many roads round here I can ride it on.

Hopefully this will be the one :) I miss having a good bike that's also comfy enough for a days riding.

It's too easy to build up loads of bikes isn't it? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Hate you and Hike bastads  :partytime:   that looks a cracker of a bike mate congrats! Watches are great but no rush eh  :)

I'd love to get a bike really love too but too scared of coming off the bloody thing again  :inverted:  I came off around 16 years ago and ended up with LOTS of stitches in my face and never been on one since.......doesn't stop me wanting to though :)  ride em well mate!  

• Like 1

This one has ABS and DTC (Ducati traction control) and you can even turn down the engine power for when its wet & slippy, so even I should be safe on it lol!

I get it this weekend and on Thursday and Friday I've got 2 trackdays on it. They were going to be on the 10R but, oh well, they're now on this.

Yes, I'll be taking it nice and easy!! Crash bungs for the front forks, frame and swing arm have been ordered just in case.

Hike, that's a lot of bikes in just 6 months, how many do you have in total? Or are you a serial bike swapper? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2