When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster 300m Ceramic Black - A review (finally)

Guest khashayar

Guest khashayar

So... even though the SMP-c was released nearly a month or two ago, I couldn't find any reviews or anyone who had actually purchased the rep. So I waited, but still no one seemed to pull the trigger.
So I'm the first among in all rep communities (I believe) to actually have purchased and made a review of it.

First and foremost, I'd like to give a big thank you to my friend and watch mentor Jeff (cougar1) for putting up with my questions from day 1, and have, once again, provided me with excellent information and help, and also guided my towards my purchase. Thanks Jeff, you're the man.

My first purchase was the CrPO in Ti, which I didn't quite bond with due to several "minor" flaws as for example the pearl sitting to low, the obvious rep caseback, the crown not being good at all, and the bezel being to light-blue in comparison with gen etc. I did not like the Ti, it felt cheap and the properties of the metall made the watch look a little dull imho.
So I sold it, and went after my next purchase. I was into buying a sub-c for a while and was even close to ordering the BP one, and also contacting both TC and BK, but I never went all in so to say, as its hard for me to wear a Rolex. After a lot of going back and forth and looking at the gens at the AD, I finally decided to go for the SMP-c.

Ordered on thursday, approved QC pics on friday, and in my hands on Tuesday! Super and ultra-fast shipping by Joshua from PC. Really great dealing with him, so I recommend him 100 %.
So I received it this morning, and what a beauty it is. Trust me when I say this with me being too much of a nitpicker and all; it should have the titel of a super-rep, as nearly everything on it it absolutely spot on. 

Starting with the bezel: it is not engraved, although it feels and looks like it. It is not printed either, but is, as someone suggested, numbers carved out and filled with some kind of material. The bezel is ceramic or at least ceramic-like, I believe, and has different nuances of charcoal black/grey depending on how light reflects on it.
The click mechanism of the bezel feels solid and as a gen, something that my CrPO did not have. The clicking is smooth and beautifully crafted by BP.
Crown is solid and not "loose" like the PO and feels really, really good when winding it. 

The dial and the hands are wonderful as well; printing is sharp, well centered and overall just great. The seconds hand sweeps magically and is the correct length.
Best part with the dial is the date... You know the problem with the numbers on the DW not being raised on the PO´s? This actually has a silver printing which really makes the watch look gen-like. Looking from underneath, the date looks a little bit raised, which is perhaps one of the best things with this watch.

Bracelet is also solid and really nothing that looks different than on the gen. Clasp is VERY good and has no issues at all. Printing should perhaps be a little bolder, but nothing that bothers me.
Caseback is stunning, someone complained it not looking like the gen at all, but judging from pictures of the gen on the internet, they're wrong. Seamaster horse, letters and omega logo is raised in a shiny metal, as per gen.

The lume is perhaps the one thing imo that should be improved. Colours are correct, although I believe the green and the blue should be a little darker so to say. But the biggest issue is that the lume doesn't stay very long. It's hard to define the term "long", but comparing to the PO's, the lume isn't as bright and isn't as sharp. The lume area on my minute hand isn't consistent, and is more on the left side of it than the right, which isn't very obvious tbh, but something that should be improved nontheless.
The pearl is centered, but the top of it should be incorporated into the bezel, so all of it looks like one piece. Looking from underneath, the pearl pops up, almost like a mountain on a landscape (my best way of describing it). But this again is nothing major and can surely be fixed somehow. Not really noticeable unless you know what you're looking for.

All in all, this is a great rep which I intend on keeping for the foreseeable future. As I mentioned, I'm very much of a perfectionist, but this watch has surpassed my expectations with miles. I've really got to give it to BP for being able to create such a rep which is so hard to distinguish from the gen.
To sum it up; if you want one, do not hesitate. Go for it!

Not onto some pics taken with my phone.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. More pics to come later when I have more time.

post-52261-0-46642200-1375187508_thumb.j

post-52261-0-92094100-1375187524_thumb.j

post-52261-0-22900300-1375187540_thumb.j

post-52261-0-85711600-1375187556_thumb.j

post-52261-0-30833800-1375187573_thumb.j

post-52261-0-09838500-1375187587_thumb.j

post-52261-0-85654800-1375187600_thumb.j

post-52261-0-58529000-1375187613_thumb.j

post-52261-0-64939100-1375187624_thumb.j

post-52261-0-22636800-1375187660_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thank you! It looks great on you.

Clasp looks great

BTW that must be one of the most comfortable bracelets to wear of on any watch made

Excellent Khashayar, great great review, thanks for the nod, I must say you're my mentor at the moment :) trying the gen of this and comparing to rep and putting up these reviews etc, great info! These are the best pics of the watch I have seen so far, definitely a huge improvement on smps we've seen in the past. Great details on the watch/bracelet also, looking like a great purchase! Also those pearls can be pushed down flush if necessary or even replaced with gen pearl, the bezel and dial look great though so it is a minor detail.

Thanks for taking the time!

Guest khashayar

This is awesome! I love to read reviews and you've covered my questions since unfortunately I'm a perfectionist too :/

One quick question, do the gen SMP-C's include screws on the bracelets instead of Pins like they did on the older version?

Thanks!

Bracelet uses screws! As per gen.

Guest khashayar

Excellent review! Happy to say that I am now ready to purchase this rep!

Great! Blue is more beautiful and classic omega I think, but the black was a better option for me.

Nevertheless, you won't be dissatisfied.

Guest khashayar

And thanks everyone else for your kind words, comments and inputs.

Feel free to ask questions or requests a pic of a certain angle or something you're wondering about.

Guest khashayar

Breath taking!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to do a write up.

Must resist... Must resist.

I prefer your rep over my gen by the way.

76C10018-8FC2-4199-928F-3B10A32A6304-206

A gen is a gen my friend... Can't be compared to any rep. Two different categories.

Don't resist ;)

• Like 1

I'll add my comments in here too.

I've had mine for a few days now and it is a very solid watch. Wanted the blue, but the color didn't look dark enough, so I opted out for the black. I'd say that this watch is very close to being a super rep.

My comments:

Bracelet is SUPER comfortable. It is a very good representation of the real SMP bracelet.

I'm not sure if this is gen-like, but I dig how the bezel "shade" changes in different lighting (looks black under sunlight). Pearl is centered.

Factory AR on the crystal is nice - could be better I think but good enough.

Lume is so-so, pretty weak but at least the colors are accurate.

The crown is a tad annoying to screw down. Opening is super easy, but feels like it is trying to wind when you are screwing it down.

• Like 1

This Omega 300ceramic looks great in black,but does anyone know of either a review or a picture post of the BLUE Omega seamaster300m ceramic. Does anyone know if they got the colors right? 

Been searching but haven't found anything so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

post-50823-0-96198000-1375267960_thumb.j

post-50823-0-14060600-1375268005_thumb.j