When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster 300m Ceramic Black - A review (finally)

Guest khashayar

Guest machineboy

Took my cSMP to the swimming pool today, no problems even with the crown not screwing down completely.

I tried the gen at an AD last week, and must say the rep is very good version of the real thing. The flatter indices and the tighter bezel were the only things that felt different. I also think the bezel might be a bit different, with the filled engravings more flush to the bezel surface on the gen.

Guest machineboy

I didn't really notice. I have heard that the rep is slightly thicker, but I don't think anyone would see that without comparing them side by side. The bubbly indices on the rep is probably the biggest tell, and the bezel engravings.

• 4 weeks later...

Got mine today from trusty time. I must say from start to finish the sale was excellent and Andrew I was very helpfull.

I'm very impressed with the watch, I got the blue one and it looks great. My pearl is slightly high so I will heat it and flatten it down,

Just a quick question to the guys that have just got one of these, is the watch strap easy to shorten as my wrist is thin. Can I easily shorten the strap myself or would I be better taking to a shop to do.

Guest machineboy

If you have a small (jeweller's) flat screwdriver it's quite easy to do it yourself. Remove the screws on both side of each link, push out the pin that is in there and remove one or more links to fit your wrist. Do it on a well lit table and take care not to loose the tiny screws.

Just a quick question to the guys that have just got one of these, is the watch strap easy to shorten as my wrist is thin. Can I easily shorten the strap myself or would I be better taking to a shop to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine definitely doesn't look brand new. But hey, it works :)

(Never seen that regulator design before.)

Not being new is typicall for BP factory.

But for this price you can't expect nothing more, altough new Asian clone would be a lot better. Noob has new Swiss movements, and the watch is $450.

Actually, I have seen that regulator, on my Aqua Terra from BP factory. I also found it here today:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/163956-first-rep-crpo-from-silix/?p=1279182

Edited by GrimReaper85

Does anyone know how the Blue color compares to the Gen.?

I'm getting one for sure, but I have to decide which color .... black or blue, black or blue, black or blue .... hmm?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

GrimReaper85, how do you knwo that it's just painted on top, totally agree thats a stupid solution and very dissappointing if so :/

Those of you who got the blue version, what do you think about the colours and does the bezel have a ceramic look and feel to it? 

My impression from this thread have been that the people who went with the black version have better rep (not having problems with the crown screwing completley in, hands stopping in Omega logo, just things being a bit "off")
I would much preferr the Blue version, but I know i couldn't let the color choiche get in the way of quality!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...