When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question on DSSD crystal

gioarmani

Hello again to all--long time, no see. :)  I'm looking to source either a gen DSSD crystal or a proper replica one for my still running V3:

IMG_2148.jpg

I haven't really been following the rep game for a couple of years & couldn't even honestly tell you what release of this model they're even on...  I know the V4 and others had way too much distortion in them to even be usable & my V3 has 0 distortion. Does anyone know which new crystal has essentially the same distortion as the gen and hopefully the crown etching at 6 o'clock?

And regarding the gen, has anyone tried putting a gen crystal in a V3?

Thanks for the updates & advice in advance. And take care!

Noob and "Trevor/Euro" factories have really sat back and raked in the money without significant improvements over the last 2 or 3 years. Look for a slightly better insert triangle at 12 on the current cartel model. This model has been basically stagnant for a few years.

.. and welcome back, Gio.

Well that sucks. I actually just ordered the new ceramic insert with better triangle and glass-clad pearl from Josh. We shall see...

If anyone else knows anything about aftermarket/gen crystals, please feel free to chime in.

And thank you.

Would it be possible to get a gen insert and crystal like the subs?

When these watches were launched, Rolex controlled the parts in a very extreme manner. All repairs had to be sent to Switzerland. No parts for anyone outside of corporate HQ.

I do not know to what extent this has changed. I am not aware of any rep which is confirmed to accept genuine midcase parts.