When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rivet bracelet options

Dlf

Has anybody had any experience with the NDT rivet bracelet?http://ndtradingcorp.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=199

Yuki has discontinued theirs.

Only other option is cartel but the screws in the rivets I don't like, and the clasp is not right.

Apart from gen is there anything else for a decent price?

Cheers :)

dif that ain't an end of the world price. they are available on the bay with sterile clasp about 50 , then I bought clasp from a member (got lucky). Now keep in mind I needed two 50 $ ones as my wrists are very large so went this route. I saw this one 150 x 2 was to much, but if you can use one bracelet seems the way to go.

I cannot say for certain but I would bet this is the same as the Minh Quy "special quality" 7206, priced around $300. At that time Yuki and NDT were sold out. I did a fairly scathing and very detailed review of MQ's band a few months ago.

I cannot say for certain but I would bet this is the same as the Minh Quy "special quality" 7206, priced around $300. At that time Yuki and NDT were sold out.

I did a fairly scathing and very detailed review of MQ's band a few months ago.

Just found it... How disappointing, guess ill have to put up with a cartel for now until there's a better option.

Ty

There are some very handsome riveted bands out there that feel pretty sturdy.  Problem is, they're much thicker than the real deal when viewed from the side.

If you want to go thin / riveted / folded then the best so far are the bands Yuki had originally.  The end links stunk then as well, but they had enough meat to them that you could beat them into shape.  The new examples are weak enough that a hard stare will crumple them like Chuck Norris staring down Bruce Lee.

• Like 1

I have two rivet's that are semi good. Both have correct endlink construction, are thin, no screws, have hollow/folded midlinks.

One, I have no idea where I got it, and the other came with a watch that I accidently ordered from the fake/clone site of Josh's. 

My guess is they are like the yuki's, but I have no idea how to get another if I wanted one.

Has anybody had any experience with the NDT rivet bracelet?http://ndtradingcorp.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=199

Yuki has discontinued theirs.

Only other option is cartel but the screws in the rivets I don't like, and the clasp is not right.

Apart from gen is there anything else for a decent price?

Cheers :)

I checked  the bay thge other day under reveted bracelet for R... There is always one or two decently priced

http://bit.ly/1bMUmpS

There's this, seems a little chunky.. and change clasp. But then I'm @ a price I may as well just not bother with it..

How would a 19mm look on a 20mm ? Would changing endlinks look stupid?

Maybe a19mm gen I dunno :(

I ordered one. I'll let you guys know how it is. I think it might be small on me though...

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

"I ordered one. I'll let you guys know how it is."

I saw bracelets similar to this now and then at NAWCC shows years ago and was not sharp enough to buy any. Iirc they are very close in looks and quality to the old C&I bracelets that were used on rolex watches back then. Compared to what a worn out C&I 'stretcher' goes for today, they are bargains.

Odds and ends...

A while back I bought a nos rivet stretch oyster that was made like the C&I but does not have a brand name on it. The clasp cap has a coronet stamped in it with 6 adjustment holes and the clasp blade only has 'stainless steel' stamped on it. The hoods are made on the bracelet and are 19.85mm wide but the clasp cap is only 14mm wide instead of 16mm. It must have been made for rolex watches years ago but this is the first one I have ever seen. I tried it on a 1603 DJ and it fits fine.

Also found a 17mm nos stretch rivet oyster style bracelet made without a clasp...it is made in one piece and you either slip it over the wrist or unhook one end from the springbar. One end of the bracelet has a closed tube for the springbar and the other end has an open tube that will unhook from the springbar.

I keep an eye open for these old bracelets but they are few and far between.

• 6 months later...

There are some very handsome riveted bands out there that feel pretty sturdy. Problem is, they're much thicker than the real deal when viewed from the side.

If you want to go thin / riveted / folded then the best so far are the bands Yuki had originally. The end links stunk then as well, but they had enough meat to them that you could beat them into shape. The new examples are weak enough that a hard stare will crumple them like Chuck Norris staring down Bruce Lee.

I just received my vintage milgauss from Trusty and you're completely right, the riveted bracelet is SO PATHETIC. Are there any updates on the Yuki bracelets? NDT still the best option after 7 months?