When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mikeymike pictorial review "Trustytime SS Rolex blue classic submariner" (new highbeat 2813 movement 28800 bph)

mike00

Saturday I received my beautifull AP forced carbon from Andrew together with a blue faced classic sub.
I never owned the blue SS version so I took my change and ordered the cheap version which comes with a highbeat nowadays!!

The blue is amazing, it pops of your wrist, i love it. I am known for having several hulks but gotta say the blue is also pretty cool.
The movement is running strong and butter smooth, a perfect sweep!
Imo the watch looks amazing good. I think the pearl is also well made.
The dial is perfect alligned with the rehaut and the bezel clicks firm and easy.
Strap looks perfectly brushed. Most catchy is ofcourse the sunburst dial, amazing effect in many angles.

The one I have here is ref: ROLSUB107C which can be found at trusty's site. (so no need to ask which version it is by pm.)

On to the pics shall we.

a4e6enev.jpg

5ubeqede.jpg

edynereb.jpg

ara8ahab.jpg

pyte4e8e.jpg

jygadava.jpg

ena2usa8.jpg

yrebu7ev.jpg

hunanu7e.jpg

su2u7e2u.jpg

huqa5ary.jpg

sady2yvu.jpg

bu8aquba.jpg

ge6uda8e.jpg

enabaza9.jpg

uda9e3ub.jpg

jy2y5a8u.jpg

dyramy2y.jpg

e9ynajyr.jpg

eru2egah.jpg

6a9upu6y.jpg

3edaryve.jpg

5e4a3esy.jpg

asyzebyg.jpg

apysegyp.jpg

evu3a2as.jpg

6ehe2ema.jpg

ja7u7ena.jpg

3yhutyhy.jpg

zahugede.jpg

udymavep.jpg

yqe9ame4.jpg

guzumary.jpg

Hope ya all enjoyed.

Edited by mike00

It's a beauty for sure. However, isn't the blue flat on the SubC. This appears to be a SS fantasy blue model. Still very nice. I onced owned a shark and converted it to this very model.

Enjoy

This modell does excist but is rare. You mean the smurf, this is the classis ss sub not the ceramic one.

• 2 months later...

Looks very nice...so what's the final verdict, is this a fantasy or just very rare in gen form?

It is fantasy in Stainless Steel for this reference,

It exists in White Gold only with the Sub C. Quite rare, but not that desirable, seen many for sale with discount.

• 6 months later...
Guest mikemcnair

My very first sub rep was this very color, and as I have found through research it was a limited run in Japan IIRC, and it was SS. I could be wrong as this was 10 yrs ago+, however if anyone has further info of this being a NON-Fantasy, I would love to hear it.

If the DSSD was blue like this (sunburst as opposed to the DSSD Ceramic Blue fantasy I have seen floating around, which while blue is my absolute fave color, the smurf blue is just too, well, blah for my taste) I would hop all over it.

The TT sub in blue would be absolutely perfect, if it didn't have GOLD on it.

I'm wearing my gen tag Aquaracer 300m chrono (2014 model) and the blue dial is what makes it!

To the experts: please confirm if this was ever made in the royal blue sunburst (not the Sub C Smurf)

Many thanks in advance.

-Micha